+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default which 3 carseats for a hyundai i30 wagon?

I know this is a bit specific, but from old posts about which cars to buy it looks like a few members have this car (or a hatch version) and have made it work with 3 seats. We currently have 2 convertible seats in the back, and it doesn't look like there's enough room for a third, but there are 3 anchor points in the back. DS1 will be 4 by the time #3 comes along and is probably already tall enough for a booster anyway. We bought a babylove booster in preparation (before we knew we were expecting) but now think maybe we'll have to look for something narrower. DS2 will be 16 months, so probably forward facing by then in a convertible (hopefully one of our 3 current models can be used). Any advice on what would work the best for us - will we need to buy all new seats, maybe make some of what we have work, and has anyone still managed to fit a Qld ambulance rented capsule in with a carseat and booster? Thanks!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump! Any ideas on carseat types from others who fit 3 (especially 2 convertibles and a booster) across the back seat of any car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump! Any advice from anyone else with 3 carseats across the back of any car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we have a ford territory. And recently bought and love the safe and sound Hi liner SG. We also have 2 maxi riders. It fits for us. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nrma website has a child restraint fitting guide that we used when choosing our recent car purchase. It rates cars according to how many, what type & ease of fitting the seats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beccacino For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a hyundai i30 wagon and I have a SnS Hi-Liner & a Compaq (rear facing) in it at the moment. I think another SnS Compaq would fit in the middle ok. I don't know cause I don't have another one, but I would think it would fit. As to whether a capsule would fit, it would depend on the width of the capsule I suppose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 3 carseats in an Astra. Currently a capsule, SNS compaq and a SNS royale. We had them professionally fitted. Bub will soon be out of the capsule and will go into the Royale RF, by then DD1 will be 4 and will go into a SNS hiliner, which the restraint fitter has assured me will fit. We were thinking we'd have to get a new car but were pleasantly surprised when all 3 fit.
    HTH

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello! We had the same issue. I bought 2 SnS Compaq's and a Infa Secure Vario Crowne Booster. Thinking that was what the booster was called...

You can take your car to a baby shop and aske to try them in your car!

Goodluck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have an I30 and have fit three seats in the back. I have a babylove booster seat. It's quite narrow. My other car seat is a safe and sound explorer (i think) its really quite wide at the top but i've fit those 2 in with my friends car seat. It was a tight fit. I think whatever 3 seats you go wtih will be a tight fit. It will probably be a PITA with booster seats and undoing the seat belts as well.
    Good luck with it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

uqslug  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I have an I30 and have fit three seats in the back. I have a babylove booster seat. It's quite narrow. My other car seat is a safe and sound explorer (i think) its really quite wide at the top but i've fit those 2 in with my friends car seat. It was a tight fit. I think whatever 3 seats you go wtih will be a tight fit. It will probably be a PITA with booster seats and undoing the seat belts as well.
    Good luck with it.
    Do you know which babylove booster you have?