+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    umm my youngest Kaitlyn is a pretty good sleeper and has been since birth, despite her colic that she had.
    normally at day care she will have a nap from about 2 to 3 or so depending, and some nights not all of them she will be tired and need a little half hour power nap when we get home. in doing that though it will sometimes mean she goes to sleep at about 8 not 7:30.
    at the moment im finding that if we feed her some solids and put her on her play mat she is happy to lay there and try roll over. however in saying that every kid is different.
    Kaity still like to be swaddled which is odd she knows though that when she is wrapped its bed time, so she will normally wake at about 3 or 4 am for a feed and go right back to bed until we have to wake her up.
    on a good day she wont wake at all. but like i said she has always enjoyed her sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh im jealous your baby likes sleep! I was worried i was messing her up letting her have a power nap so its handy to know that your lil one has a nap to and still manages to sleep well at night

How exciting she is trying to roll over - I cried the first time Hayley rolled lol shes crawling now and really on the move its a lil scary she has even started pulling herself up onto her toy chair - shes growing too fast!

hayley is the same she likes to be wrapped for sleep - although the poor thing has a little cold at the moment so hopefully she will sleep better once that passes - damn child care and the bugs the kids catch! lol

so you said your older one was 2ish? thats a good ages they can interact well etc by then when your first was around 8 months what kind of foods was she on? Day care started feeding hayley toast which i am a little concerned she is too young for? She is on purees 3-5 times a day loves her veggies and fruit and she still has bottles but i think i should maybe be moving onto a more chunky puree? more like a mash? I dont suppose you remember what you did with your first feeding wise? Or your youngest is similar age is she still on very liquidy puree?

sorry for all the questions but thank you for your help we dont really have friends with little ones to ask and when you google things sometimes you get more confused than being able to ask someone! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Na cant mess them up
    I know that with my oldest Bec i was unsure about some things aswell, i was lucky to have my wife with me. It was our first for both of us so i like to think she helped me alot :-)

Yeah Kaity is almost rolling over, just getting stuck on that arm of her.
    but your right they do grow fast.

We think Kaity is getting sick to, she sounded so croaky last night, lets hope it doesn't last long. The first year of daycare is the worst, the get all kinds of bugs.

Yes Rebecca is 2 and half and loves her sister, i can see they will be annoying each other when they are older, they already do. Well we started her on Raffertys i think it was, little satchels she loved them, still loves her fruit and veg so thats great. Its very odd they are giving Hayley toast, i would have thought weetbix maybe cos they are mushy. With bec we started on vegies, didnt want her to get a sweet tooth and it worked great, kaity on the other hand loves her banana and cerial stuff, but is getting better with vegies. we are starting on i think 4+ month or something there is a bolognase one thats quite chunky, she seems to go well with it. so it never hurts to try it.

thats ok, we are getting more friends with kids, with bec we really only had one lot, but the more support you have the better, makes it easier catching up if others have kids aswell as they can entertain each other
    Last edited by daddyoftwo; 08-03-2012 at 11:19. Reason: error

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha yeah Hayley got stuck on her arm for a bit before she finally rolled she rolled early but then it toook her a fair while to master how to use her legs and arms to crawl i was so proud when she started crawling

Hopefully she gets better asap its horrible when they are unwell - means us parents get no sleep! lol

Yeah I thought toast was odd to! we use Heinz and Raffertys 4 and 6+ month ones but i think your right i should just buy a few other ones to try maybe a bit more chunky - no harm in trying i guess - feeding is so scaring when she kinda first tries things i freak out she will choke

I bought a feeding book the other day but i havent read it yet..

its good you are getting more friends with kids - your so right about catching up being easier when others have kids the majority of our social circle are still in the single/late 20's party every friday and saturday lifestyle and so we dont get out a lot unless its with direct family and their kids and to be honest who wants to always see family? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks teena, just saw you asked before if we know the sex - not yet unfortunately!! Will hopefully find out on the next scan :-D
    About food - I work in child care and I know some LOs that age can be pretty good with solids like toast and biscuits etc, but it depends on the child I reckon. Hopefully your child care are watching out for who is ready, maybe try something at home that isn't quite so hard as toast but is self fed? Might make you feel a little better about what they're feeding in day care anyway XD.

I'm getting over my first trimester pregnancy symptoms - ish! And I am now able to think about things other than being pregnant (for a short while at least!). Can't wait to be a mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teena- hopefully it isnt to bad and she doesnt get to sick, she still slept last night so thats good
    kaity is really good with Rusks, she destroys them, a good pat on the back will normally do something if they do choke on it

yes like i said easier with people that have kids, even if they are older they still understand

brummie- nice see your getting over it, being a parent is great, plenty more things to come

Thanks
    Reviews
    BrummieMummy you will have to let us know when you find out Its handy to have someone on ehere who works in childcare you can help ease my mind about things that im not sure about lol I remember the first 12 weeks were the slowest and after that the pregnancy just flew by! Where abouts are you having bubs? I went to Lyell Mac and they were fabulous

daddyoftwo - hayley likes her rusks to i think they help her teeth aswell which is good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I'd pop in and say hello... I'm 26 later this year, and after being all over Aus, in particular in Qld for the past 9 years I've come back home to Adelaide with my 3 boys... so I know pretty much no one but my family down here!, so I'm itching to meet new people... being pretty shy IRL doesn't help much but!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey monkies
    the more the merrier
    so you have 3 little boys
    how old are they

teena, do you get rice rusks or the biscuit ones? Kaity loves the biscuit ones leaves a mess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning all,
    Thought I would pop by and say hello!
    I'm 27, dh is 28 and our dd is 2 and a 1/2.
    Good to see some other Adelaide mums and dads!