+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Most accurate thermometer ?

I've been using an underarm thermometer for the past few days on DS but realised today that it's at least 1.5 degrees out with the one my doctor used today & have been told that the in ear ones are the most accurate. Does anyone use an in ear or no touch one which they can recommend as there are several brands out there to choose from & the product views online all vary. I would ideally like one that doesn't beep too much when taking temps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally an underarm temp is around 1 degree less than actual core temperature.

I use the Braun thermoscan and have been pretty happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I have the ear one and the under arm thermo one. I found the ear one isn't very accurate on young bubs as theirs ears are so small so it can't read it properly. And our thermo one is great, always get a great reading. So we used the thermo one till DS was about 12 month and now we use the ear one. But the other day DS had a temp of 29 with the ear thermometer and confirmed it with the thermo one and got the same temp! One bit of advice with the thermo ones under the arm, you just need to make sure the tip is right under the middle of the arm pit and we usually hold DS's arm down on his side to get an accurate reading. We were doing this every few hours when DS was in special care, so got used to getting it done correctly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a safety 1st Feverflash and love it--- it reads so fast and lights up red if they have a fever, so it makes it easy in the middle of the night. We have a strip one too but that takes forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2aandh View Post
    I use the Braun thermoscan and have been pretty happy with it.
    I have this one too and it's very accurate and easy to use! Highly recommend it but they are slightly pricey (I think around $100?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the VICKS forehead thermometer ( not a strip one and actual modern hand held one)
    Shows temp and glows green no temp, yellow mid temp and red high temp best thing ever and only take 3 sec to get result I got my from the chemist for $69

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Braun thermoscan one & absolutely love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Nurse View Post
    I have a Braun thermoscan one & absolutely love it
    Me too, and the beep is very soft, won't wake a sleeping baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use the Braun one too