+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    Apple will be announcing a new Ipad tomorrow. Which should be available sometime in the next month.
    Oh I didn't know that.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was so torn but it sounds like a winner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IMO the android ones are much better- no restrictions on what you can do, you can still get apps etc and they are often cheaper. Apple is a helluva rort. I won't buy their stuff anymore after reading about their Asian factories having to have special modifications made to stop the workers killing themselves by jumping off the factory. Very sad. But to each their own. iPads are pretty, just not the best option out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I remember reading that Atropos, although then research came out that the factories were found to be fine, just one sad coincidence and mundane work - but heck, that's a given in factory work. I have no idea what the factories are like for those who make android either, I'm presuming it'd be no better than the Apple factories (none of which have committed to FLA like Apple have).

The only restriction I can think of is flash, and flash is pretty outdated and I can't think of a time I've ever needed it TBH.

ETA: http://www.fairlabor.org/affiliate/apple
    Last edited by Benji; 07-03-2012 at 10:56. Reason: added

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been asking myself the same thing... do i or don't i want one!

I'm seriously considering grabbing an ipad2 once the 3 is released here... they usually reduce in price by around $200 once the new version is due in stores

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I LOVE mine!!DD uses it daily too!! I have books and heaps of educational games and shows for her on it. She is allowed to use it every morning when she first wakes up (while I go back to sleep lol)

DH is getting himself a new one when they come out because he can never get a turn of mine. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was a load of rubbish (direct quote from me a year ago; "Why would I want an iPad? I have a phone. I have a computer. I have no need for any more technology"). Then I won an iPad 2 as a lucky door prize.

I planned to sell it, but then DH convinced me to open it and just try it.

I. LOVE. IT.

Seriously. I never put it down. It is SOOOOOOO handy. I think DH regrets encouraging me to open it, because I am so addicted.

IMO, if you only really use a computer for web browsing or basic MS Office functions, you're WAY better off with an iPad than a proper computer.

Hmmm ... do you think Apple would employ me? I'm not getting paid for this advertising - I swear!

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I thought it was a load of rubbish (direct quote from me a year ago; "Why would I want an iPad? I have a phone. I have a computer. I have no need for any more technology"). Then I won an iPad 2 as a lucky door prize.

I planned to sell it, but then DH convinced me to open it and just try it.

I. LOVE. IT.

Seriously. I never put it down. It is SOOOOOOO handy. I think DH regrets encouraging me to open it, because I am so addicted.

IMO, if you only really use a computer for web browsing or basic MS Office functions, you're WAY better off with an iPad than a proper computer.

Hmmm ... do you think Apple would employ me? I'm not getting paid for this advertising - I swear!
    Ka-Ching!

What was that noise...?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rumour has it that 'iPad 3' will actually be iPad HD. Well find out soon! I really want an iPad, but it's just not in the budget.

If you have an iPhone 4 or 4s I suggest getting the one without a sim card. It's much cheaper and you can use your iPhone as a modem of sorts and use the data allowance from your phone plan. Unless you intend on doing some major downloading off wifi, then it'd be better to have it on its own plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want an iPad! Dunno why really... just do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm desperate for an iPad! I want one for DS (20months) so at this age he can watch movies on it in the car on long drives, and then as he gets older he can watch movies or play games etc.
    Also it would be cool to have every newspaper there and load my books onto ;-)