+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default iPad, do I want one?

Just wondering if people can give me their honest opinions on an iPad. Do I really want one? I have an iPhone 4S and 2 fairly modern (one is play and one is work) Toshiba laptops. Can you do anything on an iPad I can't do on what I already have? I'd love one to "play" with but it seems a rather expensive toy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had an iPad for some time now I love it but there are certain things you cannot do such as view flash video and view some attachments on email, I use it more than my laptop I love the apps etc I have just a wifi model so I use it mainly at home. I have movies stored on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and Dd1 has an ipad. Galaxy wins hands down! No restrictions on what you can.play on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an iPhone 4S as well, and a MacBook Pro. IMO, an iPad is just a weird, in-between hybrid of the two. Neither here nor there, iykwim.
    So I personally would not get one.

That said, I bought DP one for his birthday, and mum one for Christmas, and they're both completely obsessed with theirs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know I needed one until I got one and now I can't do without it I've used my laptop about 3 times in a year since having it. You should def get one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got an iPad for my birthday a few weeks ago and love it!!! Didn't think I needed one but now I don't use my laptop and only the iPad..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I love mine but I don't have a computer. I was using DP's ollllllld laptop and it did the trick but I love not having to wait for the computer to load, shut down, virus scans etc. I just press the on button and on it comes.

The one thing you can't really do on your laptop, well I guess you could but probably with great difficulty, is read in bed. Love that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my Ipad, I still use my laptop for most internet browising, but Ipad is so conveinent I can charge it in the car and use it while I am out or when on Holiday. I play heaps of games and apps on it, the kids love it, it keeps them enterntained on long drives, it's not a must have, but it's a nice little luxury that i'm glad I have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apple will be announcing a new Ipad tomorrow. Which should be available sometime in the next month.

I'll be buying one as a very late 30th birthday present. If you do buy one from what ive been told a good case and screen protector is a must

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have one i love it!! but i have to give it back to work when i leave in 2 weeks but im trying to talk DH into buying me an ipad 3 later on