+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have three Carseats in my Kia sorento platinum. Love that it has two extra seats in the boot that pop up if needed...and we have used them a lot for visiting family members. They come standard. Love that it's a diesel too... I feel like I hardly ever visit a servo now!

Some pps have mentioned that they see no need for an SUV, but in my case that is one thing I WISH people had told me was a necessity. I had a sedan and found it very difficult lifting my baby/child into the car and having to lean in killed my back. It was horrible when pregnant with my second and third kids. Now I have an SUV it's so much easier to get them in the car- I have the side steps to help my oldest climb in and she loves it.
    I also love being up high from a driving perspective.

My picks would be the diesel territory, Mazda cx9 and f course my Kia sorento!!! I chose it over the others because of price comparison on the diesel models and it has much higher specs than the others, I love a bit of luxury
    If you can afford it, leather seats are a great option for kids- wipe clean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know an SUV isn't necessary but this is what I want, as I feel safer in them (due to elevated position - I find that I can see better as I am quite short) and as the PP said, there is much less bending down to put bubs in car and get things out of the boot.

Thank you for those that talked about the negative points of the forester, you have reaffirmed by chats with a few friends that have them and have found them a tad on the small side. This initially was my first choice (due to reasons already mentioned - safety, cheap to run, cheap to fix etc), if I was childless it would be top of my list

I will look into the Hyundai and Kia. I have heard that the territory's aren't that fantastic but I think that might be the older models. I really like the new ones, but worry they are verging on the slightly too big side of things.

Argh, and I thought buying a pram was a hard decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Mitsubishi Outlander and love it. You should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one well within your budget heaps of boot space and never had an issue with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I would steer well clear of the captiva, many mechanics I know refer to them as CRAPtivas!!!

For that sorta money I would go Mazda CX-9, Ford Territory (would be a lot cheaper!) or Toyota Kluger
    This... We are buying a Mazda CX-9. But we needed 7 seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we had bought an SUV. We have a Commodore SV6 sportwagon which has been good but I want more room. Have a look at Toyota Klugers. I'm trying to convince DH at the moment for the Grande model

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an x-trail & I love it. Plenty of boot space, we often have large pusher & big dog in the back. So easy to get kids in and out of. Would highly recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I know an SUV isn't necessary but this is what I want, as I feel safer in them (due to elevated position - I find that I can see better as I am quite short) and as the PP said, there is much less bending down to put bubs in car and get things out of the boot.

Thank you for those that talked about the negative points of the forester, you have reaffirmed by chats with a few friends that have them and have found them a tad on the small side. This initially was my first choice (due to reasons already mentioned - safety, cheap to run, cheap to fix etc), if I was childless it would be top of my list

I will look into the Hyundai and Kia. I have heard that the territory's aren't that fantastic but I think that might be the older models. I really like the new ones, but worry they are verging on the slightly too big side of things.

Argh, and I thought buying a pram was a hard decision
    Just a point about the boot space in a forester....
    I have strider pram an can fit that, a nappy bag, an esky and a full weeks worth of shopping in there with room to spare!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a subaru forester (04 model, so not sure if the new ones a roomier)... But space has been such an issue! Way to small!

My partner and i are both on the tall side - its impossible for him to fit in the front passenger seat, and my knees hit the dashboard when I sit in the front seat (very uncomfortable). If we use my car, one of us will sit in the back.

If it was just me and bub it would be fine, but not very practical for a family car - which is disappointing

Wish I had money to get a new car!!!!

Some good cars (recommended by people I know)
    * Toyota Klugar - few mum at my mums group have them (they are a v6? so they use a little more fule)
    * Mitsbishi Outlander - My mum and dad have one each, good room and good on fuel and cheap to maintain.
    *Fod territory - Mums from my mums group recommend them - esp the diesel

goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tayasmummy View Post
    I have a subaru forester (04 model, so not sure if the new ones a roomier)... But space has been such an issue! Way to small!

My partner and i are both on the tall side - its impossible for him to fit in the front passenger seat, and my knees hit the dashboard when I sit in the front seat (very uncomfortable). If we use my car, one of us will sit in the back.

If it was just me and bub it would be fine, but not very practical for a family car - which is disappointing

Wish I had money to get a new car!!!!

Some good cars (recommended by people I know)
    * Toyota Klugar - few mum at my mums group have them (they are a v6? so they use a little more fule)
    * Mitsbishi Outlander - My mum and dad have one each, good room and good on fuel and cheap to maintain.
    *Fod territory - Mums from my mums group recommend them - esp the diesel

goodluck
    Yes, the new ones are a lot roomier.
    Dh and I had a 04 and we struggled for knee room but there's no issue in the new ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't get a kluger!!!! We had the grande and even though it's pretty and has all the bells and whistles it is THIRSTY!!! I went through around $80 fuel every week and I was on maternity leave and not driving much at all! We down sized to a RAV and I love it! We travel about 3 hrs away to see family every few months and the kluger would take 2 full tanks whereas the RAV only needed 3/4 of one last weekend! We aren't having any more babies any time soon so the space isnt an issue for us yet.
    The sat nav in the grande is ok but not the best either. If we were going to upgrade again, I'd get something cheaper then add the things I want!dh wants a mazda9 next.