+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meat savings.

I was curious if anyone has bought 'half a cow' from a butcher, they've butchered and packaged it.

I was wondering i purchased a deep freezer, if this was a cheap way of buying meat.

Any butchers in Perth do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use to go thirds with other ppl in a side of beef cost us Around $300 but the meat lasted ages and was good quality google some bulk meat places and see what you come up with. We use to get the meat into our side by side fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never bought half a cow (I might one day though) but I do buy meat in bulk & store it in my upright freezer. I think for it to actually be a cheaper option you need to be disciplined about using the meat. My freezer has drawers that make it easy to organise/rotate & retrieve items. Apart from my fear of toppling into a deep freezer I find them difficult to manage. Buying (& eating) half a cow is probably a good chance to increase your recipe collection and discover some new favourites.

Similar Threads

1. Daylight Savings
    By Mummy2MJ in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-09-2012, 10:48
  2. Does anyone know?- PPS & savings
    By MermaidSister in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 13:41
  3. The Savings mission
    By SimplyMum in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 197