Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do notice tall toddlers in the $20 Kmart prams and thing they look really hard to push ! And all the toddler would have to do is put their feet down to stop the pram. I just look for a moment and think how annoying it must be. But not a judgement on the parent or anything. If that works for them - great.

Hilariously I have been 'judged' by a psychologist friend who's hardcore AP - saying about how the under seat of the strider is cruel because of the lack of stimulation. Same with forward facing prams with a mesh shade cover over it (which I had used before my strider). Apparently to qualify as a good parent one must baby wear - including toddlers - at all times. Oh and nannying with an additional toddler somehow didn't factor into it. I didn't quite have the heart to tell her honestly I do sometimes put jasper in the pram forward facing PURELY because I don't want to look at or talk to him for 15 minutes on the way to the park. Its mental and emotional down time for ME!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe I didn't go into the right sections, but I didn't see any judgment - just an appreciation of all things pram.

It didn't seem any different to any other forum dedicated to a particular thing - cars, vintage furniture, collectables etc.

*shrugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a bit of a pram spotter.... But I don't judge, more lust over pretty prams dh thinks its funny that sometimes we will be out and I will be like ohhh that's such and such pram it costs x amount!!!! Don't really look at the more popular prams, just the ones you don't see that often

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next thing you know, there will be a range of bugaboo lookalike prams with the price tag of a strider being sold in the back alleys of Chinatown.

I have a strider cruiser..
    Too bad I'm one of those people who bought it cause it was cheap and had a capsule...
    Wait...
    I didn't buy it...
    My inlaws did...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously!! Lol no!!! How strange!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was prob too tired to notice other people's prams.

Although... I do wonder why people bother buying those bassinet prams as they're only good for a few months unless they're convertible.

And I think those bugaboo ones are just showy, kinda like people who drive beamers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well interestingly enough I had a grade 1 girl ask me the other day "why do you have this old pram now?" boy I tell you I felt a little judged,LOL. I proceeded to tell her that our new puppy had chewed the safety harness of my new pram and now all I have is this old one untill I get my other one fixed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 years ago I innocently posted a question on a pram forum asking about the Strider - we were thinking of getting one and I wanted some feedback. Wow was I shot down in flames, the replies I got were awful. Apparently spending $500 on a pram is considered cheap, and I was well and truly put down! That particular forum was not a friendly place, very elitist. I couldn't believe it, it's only a pram!!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Edit: I tried to quote BlackEyed Pea..

So... You do judge?

We bought an iCandy but don't think we are showy. It was actually a gift between the grandparents.

As for the bassinet, they do only last six months but those attachments arent too pricey, and then it's just a regular pram, iykwim?

I have thought nice things about other people's prams but can't remember ever thinking anything negative...
    Last edited by kw123; 07-03-2012 at 07:08.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    looks like we ha ve been busted!!

""Looks like we are being judged for being "judgey " (perceived as)

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/foru ... p?t=448888 Do you judge someone""

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast