Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to know what a pram is when you see it. As pps have said, when you're shopping around for a pram, obviously you're going to know which is which.
    I put a lot of thought into which double I was going to get, so of course when I see an iCandy, Bugaboo, P&T etc...I'm going to know what it is.
    As for judging, I don't judge the people, but sometimes the prams. When I see a strider plus, for example, I'll think "that looks so wide at the back, I wouldn't like to have one child underneath like that" those kinds of things...as for the people pushing them, I don't give them a second thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...13tuPx9TZ_V671

Would they prefer we had a pram like this one?
    It's gold plated and $60,000...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldnt care less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love prams and admire ppl walking past with funky looking prams
    I admit I have judged ppl on prams but only solely when I've seen ppl put newborn babies in an umbrella stroller which doesn't lay down and the poor bubs look like their little necks would be sore sitting up and slouching the way they are..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Edit: I tried to quote BlackEyed Pea..

So... You do judge?

We bought an iCandy but don't think we are showy. It was actually a gift between the grandparents.

As for the bassinet, they do only last six months but those attachments arent too pricey, and then it's just a regular pram, iykwim?

I have thought nice things about other people's prams but can't remember ever thinking anything negative...
    Ow come onnnn really? Lol, yeah I expressed a vague 'opinion' but only because I thought about it after reading the thread!

Did you read the part where I wrote 'unless they're convertable'?

Yeah I said bugaboo prams look a bit showy but again, only cos I gave it some thought after reading this thread, and I meant the pram not the people who buy them. I couldn't care less and one of my dear friends has one and it wouldn't occur to me to judge her!

Isnt to 'judge' to hold someone in contemp for something? I don't believe I did that but whatevz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was only being tongue in cheek.. peace!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    No I don't judge, but I do admire certain prams that my budget doesn't allow for
    Me too & I also don't 'need' them... the one I have works perfectly fine & I'd much rather spend the money on a weekend away for the family

I had a look at the forum & after seeing someone rave on about how much they love their new pram, I had to Google it... A Maclaren Starck. YUCK!
    It just seems the uglier the pram, the more expensive! I'll stick with my Vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I recognized a user.

Now that sounds like more fun, hubber spotting in pram forums.
    Last edited by Bexta; 07-03-2012 at 09:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My first pram for my first child I was a broke teenager but my nanna spent some money to get a nice pram as a gift. My second pram for our daughter we are financially better off but have a mortgage and renovations and so I bought a second hand stroller for 20 bucks which is fully reclineable and we cleaned it and put a nice sheepskin liner in it. Why would anyone care if someone else spent a little or a lot on a pram? I don't even know what most prams cost, or what pram it is etc.. But I understand that some people know every pram, just as some people know all about car seats.. Because they put a lot of research into their choice. I can spot slings and wraps more easily than prams

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone tell me where this forum is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Yeah sure. You see it all the time on the hub. Such and such a pram is too much money, another pram is too popular and then you hear the phrase about people spending too much. It wouldn't take much to dig up a thread about bugaboo's or the like to find some judging

I have been guilty of the old pram spotting. Not because of the money spent but because I so rarely see a pram like mine
    Thats not judging someone. Just because you wouldn't spend the money on a certain pram doesn't mean you re judging someone who buys the pram.
    I have commented several times that I wouldn't spend the money on a boo but that's when people ask for an opinion or comments comparing prams.
    If I see a lady with one I don't think anything of her, it's their money non of my business what they end up buying.