+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did...once! For me, not DD though.. During my last pregnancy and I had extreme heartburn - we were buying gaviscon or mylanta or something and I honestly just could not wait for some relief, so opened the packet!

For DD though, she is not yet 2 and we are teaching her that you can't open anything until "we have paid the lady/man" for it at the end of shopping...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    yep, I guess it is! :-) And hearing about how many ladies on here have kids who they have a hard time with, I wonder why more don't. I know they don't deliver to all areas, but I've seen a lot of posts that mention kids throwing tantrums or using bribery to calm the kids down (their words, not mine) and I can't see why people would choose that over home delivery.
    Um, because not everyone just shops at one shop, online is more expensive and you dont get to check out the reduced to clear items.

I go from aldi to coles to woolies when I do my shopping and yup, my kids get a calciyum milk while we shop, if they are being good they can drink it, if not, they have to wait until we leave. Never ever had anyone mention anything to me, except maybe how cute my kids are and how they have big blue eyes.

Sorry but your getting upset at people judging your judgement???? Im confused? You basically insulted people with your OP, people arent always going to agree with you.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 06-03-2012 at 22:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    Op, your taking this all way to personally just because not everyone agrees its rude, did you honestly expect a forum full of woman to all agree?

Youre probably right, I probably am taking it too personally. But it's not the first time - I think I'm just bound to p!$$ people off on here :-/ Never mind - I can't find anywhere to delete my account so maybe I'll be back someday! With a different name to hide the shame, of course ;-)

Ob, and since I'm usually on my iPhone app, I'm going to take advantage of being ableto use these...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done it, usually with Sakata for DS. He's mad for them and if he sees them in the trolley he'll whinge until he gets one. Or two.

I actually don't get how it's rude. It doesn't fit my definition of rude. To me, rude would be me flipping the bird to the person who stares at me as if I'm a thief while I open the packet. I'd expect to be called rude for that. Though it'd be warranted IMO.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never NOT done it, I do it every single time . There is no way I could survive getting through shopping without doing it . No matter what I bring from home, they want something in the store .

I always pay for the item , always apologise for a packet of biscuits being opened or having to hand them a tiny lollipop wrapper minus the lollipop ( because it's in ds's gob) and the checkout ladies have always been lovely and don't blink an eye .
    Last edited by heeeeerekittykitty; 06-03-2012 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the only way to stay same while shopping. The other day my daughter had eaten a punet of blueberries and at the checkout I said sorry but could u scan these, dd has eaten them all an she replied with thanks for being honest, most ppl just do it and don't tell us... Seriously!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done it before, not often, but say 2 or 3 times.

I always pay for what ever it is so I'm not worried.
    If Coles doesn't like it then they can let me know next time, but otherwise im not too worried.

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Eating is the only thing that will keep ds1 in the trolley long enough for me to zip through the store.
    Naturally, food from home loses its appeal the minute we step in the shop so I'll often give into a request and allow ds to open and eat what he's chosen.
    I try to keep it a clean choice so that there aren't any sticky remnants in the trolley and I always bin wrappers. Naturally, I let the register staff know what has been consumed. I've never received a comment from staff however, I've received a few glares and overheard some not so quiet remarks. I'm not bothered really.
    For the record OP, I am not offended by your opinion on the issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by karisha View Post
    It's the only way to stay same while shopping. The other day my daughter had eaten a punet of blueberries and at the checkout I said sorry but could u scan these, dd has eaten them all an she replied with thanks for being honest, most ppl just do it and don't tell us... Seriously!!!
    Ohh yup blueberries here too!! The checkout lady is always amazed at home many my 19 month old DS can shove in his mouth at once lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear op - you write a message to all the mums who *don't* have the luxury of using online shopping, for whatever reason, stating that they're doing something wrong by allowing their child to eat before the checkout (or them to eat before the checkout...lol, just thinking back, right before christmas before the baby was born, OH and i would get the kids babysat and go for trips to the supermarket as therapy time - and eat while we shopped fun times ) and we're supposed to just sit back and go 'yeah, obviously this woman who is able to afford the $13 a week, just on having her groceries *delivered* to her door, knows what the rest of us have to deal with - we're clearly substandard parents'..

hell-no! i wasn't offended before. but now i am. our family does *not* have 13 to spend per week (or per fortnight!) for the luxury of not going shopping. that's 3-4kg of apples...which is pretty much was we go through a week on apples...on the budget we've got? we also have two SN kids to care for.

we've all started threads that had people up in arms. take it as a learning experience, rather than a 'the world is out to get me' message.

because i don't want to attack you. i'm sure you're not actually trying to attack me...but i do think you need to realise that you're probalby a lot more priveliged than a lot of us are (and i'm still relatively priveliged compared to a lot of other australians)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

DaughteroftheForest  (07-03-2012),twotrunks  (07-03-2012),Witwicky  (07-03-2012)