+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do it all the time and I always pay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, never done it. If l was really desperate for something l would pay for it first get a receipt and then go back in.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always open a pack of ryvitas or saladas- try getting 4 kids around the shops with no whining. We always pay for our snack at the end- and by supermarket day there are never snacks left to pack to take to the shops and dry biscuits are out 2nd isle in. Never has the Coles staff complained and they always give my kids Ham/smiley face meat at the deli as well. Does anyone actually buy smiley meat or is it all given away???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do whatever it takes to get the shopping done is my motto! I worked in a supermarket when I was young and the only time it's wrong is if you take a weighable item or you don't pay. I don't think it's rude, I think it's survival!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can recall doing it twice, the last time was something I gave DS to keep him happy...but it was a couple of years ago now so I can't remember what it was. It's obviously not a regular occurrence for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, we do it too.

Just the other day DS was SCREAMING the place down for an APPLLE! After the fortieth time I gave him an apple, and popped another larger one in the trolley so t the check out it could be weighed twice to pay for the one he'd eaten. The only comment I got was from a lady working in the fresh food section saying how cute it was he wwas screaming for an apple and not chips or chocolate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do ... but ... my kids object.

I might think, it is a hot day today, lets have a treat, so go to the iceblock section first and select a box of iceblocks to share out whilst we shop. But my kids object and say to wait until after we are finished shopping. I don't want to do that because the kids aren't allowed to eat in the car, and thus that would result in waiting whilst they ate their iceblocks before we could leave. So typically, we miss out on treat iceblocks because we cannot agree on when to eat them.

I have the problem that I am a nibbler. I really like to be nibbing on something whilst shopping. Ideally, I'll stop by the fruit shop first and buy (for example) a bag of tomatoes and ask for a receipt, then go into the supermarket and eat my tomatoes whilst shopping. I'll buy the little ones some fruit they like to snack on also, but the older ones refuse and complain that they aren't comfortable with us eating in the shop.

I'm not comfortable shopping without snacking, so it really makes life difficult.

When I was a teenager, I would start with a punnet of cherry tomatoes and eat them whilst shopping. But they really are expensive, which is why I've switch to a 1kg bag of tomatoes, or a bag of mandarins, or a bag of apples, or a bag of apricots, or a bag of plums, or even a packet of almonds.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really don't care or notice what others do, but personally I wouldn't do that. DD and I usually have something to eat and drink before we do the shopping, and she never asks for anything. She actually like grocery shopping so it makes things very easy I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I am rude person then. I do it occasionally get a packet of biscuits and open and let my DD eat from the pack, especially if shes really hungry and is getting grumpy. I dont see the issue in it really.

Im paying for it at the end so I dont see the problem.
    Maybe if I opened it without the intention of paying they yeah theres a problem, but at the end they are always paid for.

It makes the shopping trip easier sometimes to keep my DD busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also worked at Coles and it didnt bother me too much as long as they were honest about it. I have to say though one day I was working a lady flung a banana PEEL on the belt and said sorry my son got hungry can you just weigh it and throw the peel in the bin, I dont want to carry the left overs

...errr you want to get away with paying for the skin and not the actual piece of fruit?!?!