+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Every time I take the kids shopping.
    I pay for it. It's not stealing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been caught out on snacks a couple of times with a half full trolley. I have just left the trolley and quickly gone and paid and came back in with my receipt and continued on! I don't have an issue with how other people do it, as long as they pay for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never food but always a drink! Today i drank 1.5L of water while doing my groceries. It never phased me when i was a checkout chick and people are pretty honest about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    I did real life grocery shopping today (get it delivered 95% of the time) and went prepared with a bottle, water and snack to keep DS happy.

While I was in the biscuit isle, i went past what looked like 2 kids in a trolley, their mum and their grandmother. The grandmother picks some packs of biscuits off the shelves, opens one of the packets and gives each of the girls a cookie saying something like "this should keep you happy/quiet".

Personally I think it's quite rude to do that - open something before you've paid for it, even if you intend on paying. Am I alone?!
    I do this almost every time Im shopping.
    Nothing rude about it. I pay for it all.
    It keeps my DS quiet. I have never had anyone comment and I always tell the check out person I opened it, they never care as long as I pay for it. Most just smile and say something along the lines of "anything to keep them quiet" etc.

I don't really see how it is rude or how it's anyone's business I'm not stealing. If the company had a problem with it I would have been stopped by now.
    But then in my area no one comments on things like that.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I never do it with food, but I quite often do it with a drink. Usually a bottle of water if DS is dying for a drink and won't pipe down for long enough to wait until the shop is done.
    But if I'm honest I've always done that with drinks. Mind you, I only do it if I know for a FACT that I have the cash in my purse or enough money in my account.

It never occured to me to look at it as stealing, because I had every intention of paying for it and have checked that I have the money first. No-one has ever said anything to me so I just didn't think twice about it *chuckle*.
    I'm not offended by the asking, it honestly just didn't occur to me that other people might find it rude or similar to stealing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Didn't you know? When you are a parent or caregiver looking after children, there is ALWAYS someone watching
    Lol.. This is very true, but i just can't understand how anyone has the attention span to notice what others are doing AND do what they are supposed to do themselves.

I mean, take me for example, I am flat out getting myself from one end of shop to the other without worrying about what others are/are not doing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I do it all the time! It keeps DD happy so I can get the shopping done quicker! She knows to pass the item to the person at the checkout, and no one has ever said anything to us about it. Infact they're always lovely and offer to put it in the bin. I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. I'd rather do that, then be accused of stealing if we brought in our own snacks or drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From a workers point of view (worked at Coles for 12 years), would much rather scan an opened packet of biscuits than listen to a child screaming any day . I do it all the time as I know that as long as your honest nobody really cares!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cashahn For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Nb, sorry there is meant to be a comma. I mean, if the parents are paying, then why would anybody care?

It's such a petty issue.
    Ah yeah that makes more sense! Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeap quite often. If its not food we are opening its a drink or a roll from the bakery. Unless the shop says to specifically not to like the crazy clarks then no i wont.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub