+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenata View Post
    Very very occasionally i will open something for the kids while we are still shopping. usually i grab a pack of the set price beans (like they are packaged and are $3 for 300grams) so not stealing stuff that hasn't been weighed and the kids enjoy them and i pay for them at the end.

I guess i can see where OP is coming from and you never know if the person you see is actually going to pay for it at the end of if they are going to shove the packet back on the shelf.
    Ohh I love snacking on beans my parents and grandparents used to let us do that it was the best thing about shopping lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Who gives a sh1t as long as the parent pays for it? How does it affect anybody else?
    Last edited by MsMummy; 06-03-2012 at 19:56.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (06-03-2012),Thunderstorm  (06-03-2012),Witwicky  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Who gives a sh1t if the parent pays for it? How does it affect anybody else?
    Well to be fair if they don't pay for it at all it impacts overall grocery prices for everyone.

But in terms of whether an open packet of biscuits affects someone else provided they are scanned then I agree absolutely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prior to shopping with kids i never dreamed of opening something & eating it while shopping, however if the kids get reallllllllllllly desperate i will open something to make life a little easier.
    I also never used to test taste the grapes, but i've gotten so sick of buying grapes that have a bitter skin/ leave a filmy residue & then no one eats them that i now give one to the kids first to see if they like them before i buy any. I feel naughty doing it, but i figure i'm not wasting money on a poor quality product that i'm not happy with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nb, sorry there is meant to be a comma. I mean, if the parents are paying, then why would anybody care?

It's such a petty issue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i do it. who cares. i always have the cash in my purse so if something ****s up with my card or whatever i know i can pay for it. id never do it for myself though just the kids which is weird cause what's the diff lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I do it all the time

ETA: It's funny, I don't actually grocery shop with the kids, so anything I open is actually for me hahaha.

I wouldn't hesitate if the kids were with me either.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 06-03-2012 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    No, nor do I let her have a drink. I see it a lot though, parents taking share packs of chips and taking one out, or grabbing a juice or flavoured milk and giving it to kids. I often wonder what the workers think when they scan it.
    I used to be one of those workers and I thought nothing of it. None of us did. The person is paying for the item so it's not really an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm surprised anyone could actually be bothered watching what other shoppers are doing.

I loathe grocery shopping, so it's in and out as quickly as possible, maybe with an opened packet of whatever to keep DD quite.

I really can't see the issue if the item is paid for.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

HELPihavea2yrold!  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I'm surprised anyone could actually be bothered watching what other shoppers are doing.
    Didn't you know? When you are a parent or caregiver looking after children, there is ALWAYS someone watching

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (06-03-2012),Jakois  (06-03-2012)