+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Havn't read the while thread but I don't do it. I like to teach dd to pay for thing before using or consuming. Also what If I get to the check out and don't have enough money, change my my mind it need to put some 'extras' back to be able to afford the essentials. Dd is usually well behaved and if she is getting a treat he doesn't get it until its been at least scanned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't say that I have done it, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with it as long as you pay for it at the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As long as they pay for it, I have no issue with it. I've never done it myself, but would open something for DS if I felt he really needed it, or if I felt it would make our shopping trip easier. I'm yet to take him on a grocery shop.

One thing that irks me is when people 'taste' fruit, like grapes or nuts.

That I find rude, and it's stealing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just for the record and coming to the defence of 'online shopping' only costs $13 if you spend under $50. I get my groceries delivered from woollies about once every $10 - it costs me zilch cause I spend over $200 at a time. I love it cause then going to the supermarket is quick and a nice outing for myself and kids, not an arduous chore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i do. usually for the kids to keep them quiet - ds2 ate 3 of those mini croissants while we were shopping last week. before that he didn't want anything i had taken with us and i am sure the whole centre heard him complain about shopping. i always pay for what i have opened tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    My local woolies has a sign near the choccy milks saying please pay before you open we have been going there for a yr and always had one while shopping with no issue. I think because so many people.must do it then use the self serve it stuffs up and pulls staff away from registers to fix but i will honour there sign dd will live im sure haha.
    Op, your taking this all way to personally just because not everyone agrees its rude, did you honestly expect a forum full of woman to all agree?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Not sure if its been answered, but that sign is because those little milks have one of the highest theft rate in the company!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    yep, I guess it is! :-) And hearing about how many ladies on here have kids who they have a hard time with, I wonder why more don't. I know they don't deliver to all areas, but I've seen a lot of posts that mention kids throwing tantrums or using bribery to calm the kids down (their words, not mine) and I can't see why people would choose that over home delivery.

Anyway, that's all from this "smug" judgmental monster. I'm tired of belonging to a forum where I have to second guess everything I want to say, or have disclaimers so people don't misunderstand where I'm coming from. Adios!
    Also, I'd go stir crazy staying in!
    And I do a mini shop most days, rather than a big shop every week/fortnight. So we are in and out in 15 minutes mostly.

And to put my 2 cents in, on the odd day that I've timed it wrong/have a grumbly kid, I've got NO probs opening packets.

We have eaten whole punnets of cherry tomatoes (loads of times), Cheerios, squeezie yogurts.

It NEVER occurred to me that it could be seen as rude/wrong/stealing.

Of course, getting a scoop of macadamias or grapes and eating those is wrong, so I wouldn't do that.

Also never encountered a judgmental checkout operator either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it once when my older two were younger and we were standing in the check out anyway. It was 2 chupa chups (1 each) for behaving and the lady scanned them first and gave them back lol. Very rare I do that.

I don't do it simply because I don't want my kids to expect to get something at the shops.

My older two know not to ask me for anything because the answer will be no. So they know not to bother asking and if they do then they know that no is no and that's it.

It doesn't bother me if other mothers open things to keep kids occupied. I think eating fresh fruit and things that are calculated by weight would be wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I am grocery shopping I usually open a loaf of bread and tear off little bits for DD2 as though she is a duck I always feel a bit funny about it though so I do the packet back up every time and give her small pieces and never while people are watching. I probably look as though I'm stealing!

Don't leave OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Just for the record and coming to the defence of 'online shopping' only costs $13 if you spend under $50. I get my groceries delivered from woollies about once every $10 - it costs me zilch cause I spend over $200 at a time. I love it cause then going to the supermarket is quick and a nice outing for myself and kids, not an arduous chore.
    I looked at Coles online, and there was a delivery fee (which varied depending on the size of the window of the delivery time), but a lot of the individual items were 5 - 10% more expensive than instore. Plus the specials were not available. So over a year it could make quite a significant difference if you were on a tight budget.

However, there is less scope for impulse buying. But strictly buying off a list in store was cheaper.