+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I have ever done this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have - for jasper. I've also cracked into a bottle of water before paying for it. I DO pay for it. I doubt woolies would be that offended when I spend $6,000-8,000 per year in their store if I occasionally open a $2 item before paying for it if it means I'm able to shop longer to be able to spend more money in their store.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep we always either open the bread or a pack of biccies while shopping to keep DD amused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and it's not limited to food and drinks! If DS comes shopping with me, I let him choose a hot wheels or matchbox car. And he has to have it open immediately! Never had a problem either - just put the packet on the conveyor and pay for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I honestly wouldn't think anything of it. I would guess that most parents keep the packaging and pay for it at the checkout. I know the IGA near my work, where I have never seen a child as it's city central, I sometimes see drinks opened, drank and left on the shelves. That bugs me because that IS stealing, but that theft would have been perpetrated by a tradie or a professional not the parents who have picked up a snack for their little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done it when I've been really thirsty. I can imagine doing it when DD is older perhaps.

I was a checkout chick (and then supervisor) for 8 years- never worried me when customers came through with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every now and then I'll give DS one of those little yellow milks while we're shopping. I'll pay for that at the end though. I had never done it before having kids.
    Sometimes a couple of grapes will get eaten as well...which we technically don't pay for because they charge by the kilo, but not everything we like to eat comes in packets!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post
    I always pay for the item , always apologise for a packet of biscuits being opened or having to hand them a tiny lollipop wrapper minus the lollipop ( because it's in ds's gob) and the checkout ladies have always been lovely and don't blink an eye .
    I've had occasionally checkout staff comment that an item was open and ask if I would like another one instead. I decline their offer and explain that I opened it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I have always done this. I dont think anyone cares as long as I pay for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do occasionally for DS if we've forgotten his water bottle or something, I'll buy him one and let him have it while we walk around the shops
    Or a few times when he's been inconsolable, I've given him one of the Rafferty's Garden fruit things, and let him snack on that while do the rest of the shopping. No one ever seems to mind, as long as you still pay
    I wouldn't do it for myself though.