User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeing the Dr - what should we expect?

So, this is our 10th month of ttc!!!

My DH saw the Dr today, about a seperate issue, but agreed to discuss the ttc issue as well and see if he would start on tests etc for us. Dr has agreed to do some tests but said he'd like to talk to the two of us and talk about it with him together first. Has anyone else had this talk with their Dr? What should we expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nessie,

That's nice your DH asked about the ttc at the doctor's, thats good to see he is keen and interested in whats going on Same thing happened with us. DH had to see gp in relation to other things a while ago & asked to see us both re the ttc issue. It was really good. He had ordered a sperm analysis test for DH & blood tests for me to see my hormone levels. Also wanted to do a pap smear, but I wasn't keen on that as prefer for an ob/gyn to do it as they know what they're doing It looked like I wasn't ovulating and may have pcos (which I do) so was refered to ob/gyn, which was good. I'd ask for a referal now because depending which one you see there may be a few months wait (mine was 5 months to see new patients but worth the wait).

Good luck with it all & let us know how it goes
    Me 29 DH 34

TTC #1 Since Oct 2010

'Missed' M/C - Jan 2012 8 wks & early m/c Sept 2012, 4.5 wks - Love you forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, yeah, I've wondered about PCOS before, but I've been using some ovulation tests, and they indicate that I do ovulate - although quite late in the cycle. Also, I've fallen pregnant before (about 5 years ago now) although couldn't go through with it for a number of reasons. So my question is, can you have PCOS even if you've been pregnant (without medical intervention) before?

Also I realy hope I don't have to wait 5 months to see someone! eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, its been confirmed that I have PCOS & we got pregnant naturally in Dec 2011 but sadly it didn't work out. It took us ages though! So I think you can def still have PCOS even if you have been preg before. The way it effects me is that it takes my body forever to ovulate...thats why we're starting clomid soon to make my body ovulate.

And don't worry, not all doctors are that long a wait..there's only one female ob/gyn where I live & she's popular so thats why it was a long wait for me.

Good luck, keep us updated as to how it all goes
    Me 29 DH 34

TTC #1 Since Oct 2010

'Missed' M/C - Jan 2012 8 wks & early m/c Sept 2012, 4.5 wks - Love you forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My doctor sent me for some blood tests to do the preconception check (make sure Im up to date with my vaccines) and also checked me for PCOS which involved blood tests and an ultrasound. Got my test results today and I dont have PCOS..so thats good. I needed to get a rubella booster shot cos I wasnt immune and I also had to have more blood tests to test me for Thalassaemia. I also need to get a pap smear. Next step is to test DPs sperm.

I think its pretty routine stuff they ask. Good luck!
    Me - 25 DH - 24
    TTC Baby
    #1 since July 2011
    My TTC Journal

Thanks
    Reviews
    As always he cancelled us and now we have to wait till Wed. Grrr!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Saw the Dr today. Had a blood test and also urine test. DH has to do a sperm test which will get done at the end of the week. Dr appt booked for next Thursday to get results! (so long as he doesn't cxl on us again!) Excited and nervous at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Nessie..How long does your DP have to abstain before his sperm analysis? My DP has to get one done and we didnt get told how many days or anything
    Me - 25 DH - 24
    TTC Baby
    #1 since July 2011
    My TTC Journal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Hey Nessie..How long does your DP have to abstain before his sperm analysis? My DP has to get one done and we didnt get told how many days or anything
    48 hours. We were thinking of starting tonight (he's on night shift anyway) so that he can get it done by Saturday, but I'm de to ovulate within the next few days and we don't want to miss the chance.

When are you getting the analysis done? Have you also got some tests done?