+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please help! Sleeping Issues!

Hi everyone
    I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice on what to do regarding 10 month old DD! It feels like I've tried everything!

Here's the story:
    * DD used to go to sleep on her own until 5 weeks ago.
    * She screams when I put her to bed at night only.
    * Nothing has changed. I still do the same bedtime routine as I always have. She sleeps in a sleeping bag, has a story, a
    dummy, a good night kiss, a teddy, and gentle music playing.
    * She is not teething or sick.
    * I have tried the 'camping out' method but it doesn't always work (sometimes it works). When doing it, I sit by her cot and I
    don't look at or talk to her. Some nights it takes in excess of 40 minutes for this to work.
    * I have tried Controlled Crying and that doesn't work either plus I hate this method as DD gets so worked up that she has
    trouble breathing! :-(
    * She is a happy child during the day and is eating well.
    * She has two day sleeps of approx 1.5 hours each. Goes down fine for both of these.
    * I have purchased a night light.
    * She often wakes during the night (not because she is hungry).

So as you can see I have tried many different things! Please help!

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i feel your pain.
    my ds is 5mnths and is basically doing the same. he used to sleep right though by himself no problems.
    i have a a thread its called *BEGGING* Please help my baby to sleep.
    can't link from my phone sorry.
    most ladies have been really helpful :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Is it in the slipping issues thread?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is she getting to much day sleep? She might not be tired at bed time, on the flip side she might be getting to little day sleep and is over tired then upset and worked up when you try and put her down at night, for some reason when my daughter doesn't have enough day sleep she gets hyperactive at bed time, fights sleep, gets her self all worked up and then wakes heaps through out the night.

It was my mum who told me to cut down her day sleep, we tried that for 1 week with no luck! So we decided to increase her day sleep, if she woke up early during the day she would have a little nap in the afternoon. And after about 5 days she was sleeping an settling like usual.

But when she got a bit older we had the problem come up again this time we just cut the day sleep back and it fixed it.

My dd might be different to yours as mine seems to get very sensitive about her sleep! One would think she counts how many hours she sleeps during the day lol, I know that's impossible but that's what it feels like.

I think they must start changing sleep patterns at 10 months because that was the same age my daughter started doing what yours is.

Has she just learnt to crawl or walk? My DDs sleep was always out of whack when she learnt a new skill!
    If we ended up just taking her out of bed she would spend an hour or so just crawling or walking then eventually she got bored and we were able to put her to bed no worries.

I hope things get better soon!
    It's not nice having a baby in the house that won't sleep, especially when they use to sleep so well, it becomes very frustrating.
    Sending hugs your way!
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 06-03-2012 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Rachell :-)
    She has two day sleeps that range from an hour to 1.5 hours each. She's awake between 2-3 hours between each sleep. Is this normal? She's definitely tired for her night time sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    Thanks so much Rachell :-)
    She has two day sleeps that range from an hour to 1.5 hours each. She's awake between 2-3 hours between each sleep. Is this normal? She's definitely tired for her night time sleep!
    What time does she get up in the morning and what time do you put her to bed?
    If she is very tired when she is going to bed then she might be overtired.. Signs my daughter is over tired and I know I have "missed the boat" so to speak when it comes to her sleeping are:
    Grumpy, rubbing her eyes, scratching her head, and just horrible behavior.

We wake our dd up at about 6-7 in the morning and the put her to bed at 7 at night.
    She has one 3 hour sleep during the day, if she wakes before the 3 hours then I give her a little nap in the arvo (nothing over an hour)

If you don't think she will Be able to get to much sleep during the day you could try moving her bed time back by half an hour, pretty much the moment my daughter starts showing signs of being tired she goes straight to bed other wise we might be up all night with on cranky baby! lol

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about my late reply. yes its under the sleeping and settling Thread area :-)