+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely we tell people.

I still think that the term IVF is swept under the carpet or spoken about in hushed terms far too often. I think it's important to help educate people on IVF and ICSI. I certainly don't think it's a secret that should be hidden.
    Our kids will be told exactly how they were created, and we have photos and journals of many of the stages we had to go through.

DH and I have decided that when we decorate our nursery for the bub we are finally pregnant with that we are going to put a reading tree in the corner, (always the plan) but we are then going to put 4 caterpillars in the tree and one butterfly flying to symbolise our 4 embryos that never made it past implant and the baby that did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh I love that!! I want butterflys added to my tattoo for my little embies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes absolutely we do! Our ds's are extra special and we let everyone know
    The fact that they are biologically ours is the most important thing to Dh and I. Doesn't matter that they had a helping hand to be concieved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I will. When my (future) children ask how babies are made, I will ask them if they want to know how most babies are made or how they were made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we were very open about the whole process. We had a lot of people both close and acquaintances ask us about the process because they are looking at starting fertility treatment. If we can help others and make it a bit easier then I figure it's a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pretty much tell anyone & everyone. IMO it's not something to be embarrassed about, I'm proud to be a success story! If I can help anyone by sharing my experience then that is an added bonus.

I plan for bubs to always know he/she was IVF just by always talking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bahahaha I tell everyone about my ivf because I'm a lesbian and get tired of being asked if I enjoyed sleeping with a man. I do know of people being against ivf though. That the children aren't normal and stuff like that......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! We have told our closest friends and family that we are doing ivf and have all intentions of telling our one day babies.