+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default homebirth

im pregnant with my third child an wondering if maybe i could just skip the hospital altogether does anyone else feel like that don't wont a hospital birth an do u just no because lately its all i think about that i wont to just stay at my nice house away from all the bossy pushy people an birth the way i wont xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, and i did it. Would only ever have a homebirth again.

Have a chat to a few private midwives and see if you click with any of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I ever change my mind and decide I want another child (my first and only experience was THAT bad!) ill be having a home birth. 100%!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope iwill never do it. I saw a home birth go terribly wrong that almost ended in the baby doing I would never do it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But in saying that I can't fault the hospitals.i have had four incredible births. All done how >I< wanted them done. I told them what I wanted and they never pushed me for anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am more than happy to not give birth in a hospital.

I feel that I can be better taken care of, and better treated, if I hand-pick my own midwife and remain in my own home. After lots of research and soul-searching, I also believe that this is the most likely way for me to both have a healthy baby (the ideal for everyone I'm sure), but also have an experience I can be happy with and feel healthy and respected myself too. I only have faith in getting a healthy baby at hospital, not the other things... I see the outcome of a healthy baby as pretty much equal in both a home and a hospital setting. I don't buy into media scare-tactics.

Any future babies of mine will be born at home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have been reading everything i can find on home birth an i just feel that my body was made to do this i nearly had my second daughter at home an regret the 15 min trip to the hospital an the hour i was there until she was born i was pushed pull an jabbed all for no reason cause she was out before any of it did any good an it was just stressful an upsetting . i live in hobart N Have only found one midwife practice i am going to make contact this week an hope they can point me in the right direction so i can have the birth that i wont

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummaofspecialneedsx For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (06-03-2012),SassyMummy  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck with your homebirth. I have had three so far (out of 4 kiddies) and planning another with this belly babe. I hope I never have to go near a hospital again.