+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins one viable one not?!

Hi this is my 2nd pregnancy and had dating scan last week at 6 weeks 4 days that revealed twins but one had a heartbeat and the other didnt. Had no idea that there were two. Currently 7 weeks and just wondering what will happen to the non viable twin. Seeing ob next week but just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im not 100% positive on this, but I have heard that in an early pregnancy the body will reabsorb the non viable twin.

Sorry that you didn't see two heartbeats

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi sehan, I had a similar thing happen in my first pregnancy. Early scan revealed hb in only one embryo. I had a little bleeding around that time and the embryo with a hb continued as a singleton and is now my 6 yo. Good luck with your appt. Hope your doc has some more info for you.

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it happened to me. I didnt know I was pregnant with twins but when I went for an ultrasound at just under 8 weeks because I was bleeding, they found one sac with an embryo and a heartbeat and the other sac was blood filled - hence the bleeding - non viable pregnancy. I experienced a little bleeding on and off but the sac eventually reabsorbed into my system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to my mother when she was pregnant with me. It was through IVF back when it was still fairly new to WA. At about the 17 wk mark no sign of my 'twin'.
    I'm now married to a twin and my mother is convinced that we will have twins! I don't mind either way.

All the best for your journey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for sharing really appreciate it. Just hope this bub sticks. Haven't had any bleeding yet so fingers crossed my body just reabsorbs the other twin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    could you have ovulated twice and one twin is a couple of days behind? that is still very early days to say only one is viable based on one heart beat.

best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I have heard of non viable sacs soldiering on, may be a lil early to tell. Keep holding on to hope honey. Everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ I agree with pp.

Good luck either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you are well Sehan. Please update us when you get a chance