+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are paid monthly and try and keep under $900 for groceries. I have 2 in nappies and 1 in nappy pants overnight so that takes a fair hunk of the cash. At the beginning of the month I do a big meat order (home delivered) which is usually around $200. I meal plan around that. I do a big shop for all non perishables- rice, pasta, noodles, toiletries, cleaning products, cereal, tinned food, baking supplies, and fruit and veg, bread and milk. I top up fruit and veg, milk and bread throughout the month.
    I bake muffins/ Anzac slice/ banana bread/ cookies a couple of times a week so don't generally buy prepackaged snacks.
    I find meal planning is the key to keeping under budget.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We usually spend around $250-300 per week. That's for 2 adults and 4 kids, one in nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend 800 a month for 2 adults, but DH normally nicks 50-100 of that for work if he's buying lunch and we use it for meals out. Will see how much it changes when bub arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I 'aim' for $100 a week (not including nappies). But it alsays ends up heaps more, we have 1 supermarket in town so prices can be high sometimes. We spent 100 yesterday and will be needinv to go again in a few days Nd spend aroind 70+ to last till next week. This is for 2 adults & a 3 yr old. I am currently tyin to work out a new budget arrangemeny as our old one gives us enough food for 3 days !

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    All up I end up spending around the $300 a fortnight mark. That's for myself and 3 boys. One is still on the boob at 1 and in cloth nappies though. One is also at school, so that's up'ed the price a bit as well... as has moving to SA... the cost of living down here is a lot higher, and there is no Aldi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I guess what we spend is fairly average. On dh's payday I do a big shop for toiletries and that sort of thing to last the month, buy meat from the butcher in bulk. I make everything from scratch too. I find myself shopping weekly for fruit and veg. My ds1 eats so much fruit its not funny. I forgot to mention we have 2 large dogs too so all in all its not bad I guess. Living remote we don't get a choice of where to shop either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $120 week for 2 adults and 1 child who lives on air. We also spend about $100 on take away like maccas and coffee

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend about $300 per week. This is for 2 adults and 3 children and a dog. We have one in nappies and on formula.

Eta this is cooking fresh produce 5 nights, 1 night whatever is in the house and 1 night takeaway. If we go to a restaurant it could be a little more!
    Last edited by 3InATub; 06-03-2012 at 17:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend between $100 and $150 per week for myself and DH (depending how 'budget-y' I'm feeling).

That gets us a week's worth of fresh fruit and veg (2pieces fruit each per day, 5-7 different veggies each night), 6 nights worth of fresh meat, bread, milk, ingredients for work lunches, general groceries (eg tea, flour, sugar etc), toiletries and cleaning products.

We cook everything from scratch, and never eat the same thing twice in a week

We are blessed with an uber cheap butcher and fresh grocer in our shopping centre - a week's worth of meat generally costs me less than $20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $300pw approx for me Dh and ds 11 months. Tips on how yo reduce it are welcome!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub