+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hornsby hospital or the SAN hospital

My 9 week old dd was born at the San. Have heard great things about Hornsby but I had a great experience at the San. DD ended up back in hospital at 5 weeks and even though I was pretty stressed the nurses were great and very patient.

My obs was Bevan Brown and he was fantastic. Couldn't recommend him highly enough. I have a liver condition so i wanted to have the same continuous care the whole time in my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend of mine was with Dr Khan for both her pregnancies and was very happy. I'm with Dr Booker again for my 2nd bub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hornsby hospital or the SAN hospital

I see Dr Khan at San and she is fantastic!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hornsby hospital or the SAN hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Debstar76 View Post
    I just recently lost twin babies at 14 weeks. As it was early in my pregnancy and we are moving interstate in the next month I was just seeing my GP regularly and she had arranged my ultrsounds and tests for me. I have top PHI but didn't see the point in paying the consult fees for an OB until we move. When i started experiencing problems with my pregnancy I was referred to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at the local public hospital which has a very good reputation. Although the staff were good, I found the public system to be very impersonal and I kept having to repeat my story to every sonogrpher, midwife, doctor and consultant on staff. The staff were obviously overworked as well and as a result the service was very indifferent and when it became clear we had lost both babies I was informed with no level of compassion that 'the products of conception are no longer viable'. I had to have a d&c and found that experience traumatic enough without having to deal with a system that isn't designed to assist patients with their emotional needs at traumatic (although non life threatening) times. Having had this experience I would pay everything I had to go private with an OB who treats me as person in my next pregnancy. I know it feels like a rip off when PHI already costs a bomb but after this experience I think it is worth paying every penny to ensure I won't be treated as another number in the public system.
    Im so sorry I really hope you are feeling better. Lots of love your way

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies for your replies. I'm ( we, but he doesn't know it yet) doing hospital " tours" to pick one! I'm due 8 July!

Thanks
    Reviews

Did the visit, it was great. Very good midwife took us through the entire ward. There was only 1 mum there out of 14 rooms. Most rooms are single with exception of 2 double. Hospital stay after natural birth and given all ok with baby is 2 nights. Followed by house visits by midwife for up to 2 weeks if you need. Midwives seemed very experienced. I think I' ve decided to do Hornsby with shared care of midwives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi dianchik001,

I sound like I'm in a very similar boat to you, and have just phoned Hornsby Hospital to book in for the midwife group practice. I have heard great things about the SAN, but out of pockets seem to run over $5k, even with top hospital insurance, so it's a bit difficult to choose private without any underlying reason to do so.

My best friend is also a midwife at RPA, so she's been very strongly pushing their reasons for public care, which I must say, all sound perfectly convincing and reasonable.

Good luck with everything. It's my first also and I'm due 7th August.

Cheers,

Millsie.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Hi dianchik001,

I sound like I'm in a very similar boat to you, and have just phoned Hornsby Hospital to book in for the midwife group practice. I have heard great things about the SAN, but out of pockets seem to run over $5k, even with top hospital insurance, so it's a bit difficult to choose private without any underlying reason to do so.

My best friend is also a midwife at RPA, so she's been very strongly pushing their reasons for public care, which I must say, all sound perfectly convincing and reasonable.

Good luck with everything. It's my first also and I'm due 7th August.

Cheers,

Millsie.
    Hi millsie,
    Yet someone else from same area!! I've decided to go with Hornsby. I seriously can't believe how bad insurances are. I have top cover and it doesn't cover anything before birth!!!
    Anyway I don't really have any expectations for first one, just want a healthy baby ( pref a girl!!). Have booked my first visit on 18 th. Had my scans done at san ultrasound for women, they were really good. Def going for my 19 wk scan there too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found Ob fees vary a lot. I suggest you phone around and get quotes. My impression is that those obs who charge more are not providing more and are not better.