+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hornsby hospital or the SAN hospital

Hi I am debating out of these two hospital. I would like to hear the good and bad of both ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Although my pregnancy just wasn't meant to be, the service at the San was incredible! The staff and doctors are worth the extra pennies and all private rooms in maternity takes the worry out of the possibility of getting a share room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks who was your dr if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a very positive experience at the. SAN all around it was worth the $. In saying that if you want a more midwifery based approach apparently Hornsby is very good- not sure of their SCN level etc though but my friends have had good experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went with Group Midwives Practice in Hornsby and I can't say enough good things, the level of care was fantastic, after the birth everyone gets a private room. Midwives were amazing. The Birth Suites are in the new area. I had a few small problems through my pregnancy with gastro, a hibd leak etc and everything was checked thoroughly, also i wasnt pressured into induction despite being 13 days over- my midwife was happy to let me go to 15 days! Have heard lots of good things about the Obs in SAN but if you prefer a midwife based model then Hornsby is better - more holistic approach to birthing! That's my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The San for sure. Had 2 amazing experiences at that hospital! For my 3rd I went to a more local new private hospital and still so upset about my birthing experience. So wished I had gone back to The San!! All staff were wonderful, I even really enjoyed the food!! Goodluck with your choice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Booker is fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st baby

Hello,
    We just found out we are pregnant, first one. A bit scared would be gross understatement.
    We live in the area so its either san or Hornsby. Has anyone had shared care option at Hornsby??
    At san I'm thinking Dr khan, anyone had her before??
    Also my go sent me for scans at san, is there other places to do it at? Cheaper options? Current place charges $210,

Thanks all!!
    Dianna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Geoffrey Paul i found fantastic. He has his office in the San Clinic which is right next the to The San hospital which is really handy .He a really nice guy as well as a great Dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just recently lost twin babies at 14 weeks. As it was early in my pregnancy and we are moving interstate in the next month I was just seeing my GP regularly and she had arranged my ultrsounds and tests for me. I have top PHI but didn't see the point in paying the consult fees for an OB until we move. When i started experiencing problems with my pregnancy I was referred to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at the local public hospital which has a very good reputation. Although the staff were good, I found the public system to be very impersonal and I kept having to repeat my story to every sonogrpher, midwife, doctor and consultant on staff. The staff were obviously overworked as well and as a result the service was very indifferent and when it became clear we had lost both babies I was informed with no level of compassion that 'the products of conception are no longer viable'. I had to have a d&c and found that experience traumatic enough without having to deal with a system that isn't designed to assist patients with their emotional needs at traumatic (although non life threatening) times. Having had this experience I would pay everything I had to go private with an OB who treats me as person in my next pregnancy. I know it feels like a rip off when PHI already costs a bomb but after this experience I think it is worth paying every penny to ensure I won't be treated as another number in the public system.