+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Everything is falling apart

So i dont have depression as a long term condition but the last 2 yrs have been really hard.

I made big changes in my life last yr to change it & be happy and go foward with my future

But everything i did hasnt helped.
    Nothings getting better
    And everything is falling apart.

Every decision, choice im given and made just makes things crappier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not knowing the situation alls I can give is

I would recommend calling Lifeline as a starting point. It might help to share your problems to someone not connected to the situation and give you some perspective.

I know your GP can also refer you to a counseller.

Nothing is ever a failure, its just a different path.
    Please reach out to people that can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest main issue right now is knowing wether to move on from ex or try agsin. It hurts.

But that issue meanscmaking mire huge changes if i try again.

I just want to have 1 easy yr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    As said before, not knowing the whole situation makes it difficult.

I hope what i am going to say make sense.

No relationship, regardless of the background (when looking at getting back together) is going to work if you are not happy within yourself. If you are not happy, how can you make someone else happy or let them make you happy?

IMO, why dont you take this year to have a relaxing year. Focus on yourself, maybe in a few months you will feel strong enough to try again, maybe it may take a little longer. Maybe you may make the decision that you dont want to?

Have you spoke to a councillor?

I hope i have not said anything to offend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No u havent offended in n e way,

Im not sure i cud speak to a therapist or n e thing like that. I get reli awkward with tslking to strangers n i usually either dont talk or i dont say wat needs to be.

On the net its so much easier.
    But i no i sud! I need to get it all out, need advice n some one to help me work through everything and for me to understamd everything

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi bubbygirl, do you have other family around you?? Someone who knows you well, and can offer advice that will help. If you are worried about the relationship, what has caused it to be an on - off relationship in the past.?? Has the problem gone away? been resolved? If the situation is basically the same, then leave the relationship, find time for yourself, and make sure you do what will make you happy. You dont need anyone else to look after you, you have to look after you, so just focus on that for a while. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I have also struggled a lot with choices I have made and feeling like I can't figure out how to be happy again. If you want to elaborate we might be able to give a bit advice. Or feel free to PM me if you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thanks for the replys.
    Kids are crazy right now, trying to wind them down for bed.

So il get back to you all once im free!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbygirl For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012),chameleon  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    How are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Srry i havent replied, 2 house guest, been putting my stuff semi aside to help a friend and then i had one of my issues stay for a few nights!

Ok so, i guess the first thing that i need to deal with which really seems to be tge main cause for all other worrying areas,

Is my x, its been a rough time for us, his not tge greatest person, lazy, selfish, and In the co-parenting department it was the hardest, lies, and made things hard & so much more, iv had other tgreads about those issues.

But what it has come down to, is neither of us seem to be able to fully move on.
    In some aspects of the relationship, he is great, the rest..... Not good.

I think what made it hard last time was that it was constantly i will change just give me xyz amount of time.

But it would never happen. But now his stated this is who he is & hes tried to changr but it just doesnt work so take it or leave it.

Which is better because now theres no expectation & im not waiting xyz amount if time to pass.

This issue i think has me stuck in every other aspect of life.
    Getting back togetger would mean alot of changes for me and alot of changes for one of my children, which she seems pretty happy with, but.... Theres always a but.

How do you know if this is the real deal, or just the fear of being alone.
    Getting over a person is much easier but having kids together , you always have to see each other, doesntvmake it easy to forget a person.

Then theres always the issue of the kids, give them their family back, risk it not working and leaving all over again....

I think to really be objective i need to give more detailed info, however i think those details may best be given in private message so if anyone has time to help me deal with this first issue, pls pm .