+ Reply to Thread

Default Slow heart rate at 6 weeks 3 days

hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have been on this site since I found at that I was pregnant with girl twins, now 9 months old.

I am posting this for a friend who is in no state right now to type. She is 6 weeks and 3 days and on 6 weeks her hcg was 2700 (up from 1800) so not quite doubling. They asked for an internal scan this morning incase it was ectopic but they did find a little heart beat - however it is quite slow at only 70-75. The nurse said they would have liked it higher and to come in for a scan in 7 days time.

I am after stories good and negative please. I will only advise her on the good ones, but I would like the not so good ones too for my own interest.

I hope 2012 brings every single one of you the best and most wonderful gift in life, a healthy little baby in your arms.

Love Nat

Daddy and mummy , Mya (4) , Chloe and Eva (9 months)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This probably isn't what you want to hear, but my MIL did an IVF cycle and got pregnant first go. The first heartbeat scan was only at 90 and she was told to expect to lose it
    At her 12 week scan, the heartbeat went up to a great number and thought everything was fine. At her 18 week gender scan, they were told that their baby had no heartbeat and stopped growing at 14 weeks due to the cord wrapping around his neck.

I know that it isn't a desired outcome, but it just shows you that a slow heart rate doesn't always mean the end. Her baby passed away by no fault of her own or any problems with the baby.

I hope your friend has good news in 7 days