+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone elses' bub...

Get restless around 3/4am? My bub is 10 weeks on friday and for the past few nights he has been getting really restless around 3-4 in the morning. His last feed is at 7:15pm, then he will 'play' for 10 mins. He will sleep from 7:30/8pm till 1/2am, then will be back in bed usually half n hour after his feed then will stir and get restless around the 3/4am mark.. I usually have to get him out of his cot and shh him back to sleep but it has been taking a little while for him to fall back asleep. Then he will wake up around 5:30/6am for his bottle to start our day. Is this usual type of pattern normal for a 10 week old?
    Do you think he is transitioning through a sleep cycle at that time which is why he is restless?
    Im not sure how i can help him not be so restless so if anyone has any advice that would be wonderful!

Thankyou! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds totally normal for that age. Once they are on solids from about 4 months the sleeping pattern seems to settle down as they aren't as hungry.

Have you though about doing the bedtime feed at about 6.30pm and then a dreamfeed at 10pm? The aim being their next feed is ideally at 6.30am (though my bubs were usually awake earlier than this).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried the dream feed, and unfortunately i got the opposite effect. He was waking 3-4 times more!! I have read that it can work for some babies and others it doesnt work for. After that experience i was too scared to try again as he generally only wakes 1-2 times a night and has done since abour 6 weeks.
    Should i try again maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh i feel your pain!
    My baby is five months and goes to sleep around 7pm he wakes between 8pm to 10pm and won't go back to sleep til 12am! once it wasn't til 2am and another time not til 5am!
    its driving me crazy cause im so tired and have a child in kindy and a three year old.
    yawn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dream feed doesn't work for me either.

I have read that between 2-5am ish they are sleeping very lightly, then another short deep sleep before they wake up for the day.

http://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-...ep-regression/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, mine has been restless around 4-5am since birth till now (14 weeks). He's definitely not hungry because he wakes to feed every 1 to 2 hours. I'm so exhausted at that time to resettle him so I just bring him to bed with me and let him have his human pacifier

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two are still restless from 4am onwards and they have just turned 1! I bring them in with me, and then we all get better sleep until about 6. I know its 'wrong' according to all the book and they aren't really hungry, but I have found a quick feed at around 4ish does help them settle and get better quality sleep. I figure they aren't going to do this forever, and it works, so I do it.

I hope your little one out grows this phase quicker than my two! It is exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my DS used to wake at 1/2 am for feed and then stir again about 2 hours later at a similar age. I used to give him a quick feed as I was never sure if he was waking for hunger or not (I think mostly not in hindsight). I tried to make sure that he had a full feed at 1/2am which I think helped. I guess he grew out of it because he only did it until about 3.5 months, or I just got better at sleeping through the noises.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is almost 13 months old and still stirs 2-3 times each night :-S hope you don't get one like mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd is 13 months and will go to bed between 6/7pm stirs about 9pm and needs to be settled. Wakes about 4/430 and has a bottle if dh has left for work straight back to bed if dh hasn't left yet she's too excited to go back to sleep til 6am!
    Do whatever works for you x