+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical mumma View Post
    I have a glove box full of stickers that read " nice park @$$hole, next time leave a can opener so I can get out"
    That get placed on the windscreens of stupid parkers.
    That's brilliant!! Where can I get these stickers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a photo taken the other day of some **** who parked so close that I couldnt even open the sliding door of our car! It's hilarious when I look at it now. But at the time, having to climb through the other side to strap dd in was hell! It is so rude and I took the number plate so I could check for damage once I got out of there! Luckily there wasnt any! But I gotta get some of those parking stickers Lmao!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I'm not parked over your line I would be mighty ****ed if you felt 'the right' to slam your car door into mine because you can't easily put the baby in the car - we have babies too and car parks are tight - particularly if you drive a large 4wd. Screw that - people just have to remember that we live in a large world and we all have to try our best to get along. I'm sure the person parking close to your big car wasn't purposely trying to make your life difficult.
    Last edited by Hannahly; 06-03-2012 at 13:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Hannahly;6422616]If I'm not parked over your line I would be mighty ****ed if you felt 'the right' to slam your car door into mine because you can't easily put the baby in the car - we have babies too and car parks are tight - particularly if you drive a large 4wd. Screw that - people just have to remember that we live in a large world and we all have to try our best to get along. I'm sure the person parking close to your big car wasn't purposely trying to make your life difficult.[/QUOT

I drive a big 4wd but you have to consider others when parking. I think these stories are about ppl who have parked rediculously close or even over the line leaving little or no room to enter your car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i drive one of those big 4wd's - not by choice but because its loaned to us free of charge by the in-laws.

it is so hard to find spaces big enough to park it.
    i would be incredibly peeved if someone slammed their door into my car if i was legally parked between the lines - between them is between them whether its just in or far in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drive a medium size 4wd and I make sure I park well coz I have been the one to have the teeny tiny little car parked close.
    Even had some guy park in my pocket while I was holding dd about to put her in he got out and looked at me before walking off... I gave him "the look" so he got back in and moved over!

My motto is "if you can't park it, dont drive it"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    If I'm not parked over your line I would be mighty ****ed if you felt 'the right' to slam your car door into mine because you can't easily put the baby in the car - we have babies too and car parks are tight - particularly if you drive a large 4wd. Screw that - people just have to remember that we live in a large world and we all have to try our best to get along. I'm sure the person parking close to your big car wasn't purposely trying to make your life difficult.
    I second this... DP and I both have largish cars (one sedan and one ute) and let me tell you, it's not our fault the car spots are made so god damn small. Why should I have to park miles away because of the stupidity of the shopping facility. I am always careful when getting in and out of my car and I would hope others would do the same. Even when my partner parked his brand new $60k ute miles away some idiot still opened their door into it! It's disgusting how people think this is acceptable, we are all adults after all....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JacquiLea For This Useful Post:

BrookeandLou  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Yes, this is a pet peeve of mine too, it takes no time to straigthen up and make sure you're in the lines.

I also hate when one car takes up TWO spaces! That to me is the height of parking rudeness!
    If people stopped smashing their doors into my perfectly central one space park I would not need to do this. My sexy straight car has dings all up the sides from the school zone where parents park(I do not use two parks at the school zones). I use two parks at the shops but I also park 200 meters in the back car park of the shops where few people park but still have people tut at me as they drive past(these people who park at the main entry BTW).

I am so over people damaging my property if you do not care about the state of your car that is YOUR choice but I do. It is not just a thing to get me from A to B it is 20 years old and apart from the dings I have not fixed yet from inconsiderate adults it looks and runs as good as the day it rolled out of the show room. I park in two parks and that is because of careless people not because I feel like being rude or greedy. Even when I park in the empty car park people will still park next to me and smash the door into me

I am not attacking you just over people judging me when they are the ones who do not care about others property. I once told a lady to take her hand bag off my car politely and she told me it was just a car and to get over it so I threw it on the ground and she went of at me then got into her car parked behind me!
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 06-03-2012 at 21:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think many people think it's acceptable to damage someones car. But I think many people have thought about wanting to do it in similar situations.

As I said before, I drive a 4wd, and if I have to park 100 mtrs away for the shops rather the park on top of someone, that's what I do.

I don't want them to damage my car, on purpose or by accident simply trying to squeeze into the little room Ive left them.

Said person today was not within their lines. Wish I'd taken a photo today to show you.

Do you live in a high traffic area and have you been parked in often? I think these things make you a much more considerate Parker & much less understanding when you see someones parked sideways across 2 car parks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairy floss thats discusting that so many people have treated your car so poorly! If I were you I'd be installing a video camera to catch the low lives!!

I think we can all agree there is a big difference between someone trashing you car on purpose vs scratching your car getting into theirs when you knowing parked in a space already occupied by them.