+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Strider Plus verses Baby Jogger City Select

I'm looking to upgrade my pram to make room for my #2 on its way. I need a pram to hold an 18th month old as well as a new born and both the Strider Plus and the Baby Jogger fit my requirements, but I'm not understanding the price difference. The Strider is $499 and the the Baby Jogger is $899. Both don't come with the second chair so would be paying extra on both for that, but really they don't look much different. Has anyone actually researched this already? Or know of anyone with either pram and got any ideas or reccomendations??

Thanks
    Reviews
    i looked at both but bought a strider which i love love love

the reason i went strider was
    a) price and
    b) i don't like how the front child is so low on the bjsc. i was worried people with trolleys might bump him etc.
    c)and because the front seat is lower i thought kid in back might pull his hair etc. i know 16 configs blah blah but of those only a few configs really suit me and strider does most of the ones i want anyway. also 5 if those 11 configs include the bassinette which i had no intention of buying on top of the cost of the pram anyway.
    d) and i tried them both out. my ds was 33 months when baby was born but still very much using the pram. he had no room at all in the bjsc. he was too long for it too big etc. and he was getting closer to 3 but was a small 3 always only on the 30th percentile for height/weight.
    we are still using it a lot now 12 months later too and he still quite comfy at almost 4yo.
    only downside is its wide but never been an issue for me. fits through my doors in my boot. never gotten stuck at a checkout or had to use disabled one etc. maybe ours are wider than some places?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Last edited by grumpysmurf; 06-03-2012 at 09:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got the compatible capsule too which was great

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel free to correct me if im wrong but I think with the BJCS you can change the configuration of the seats alot more (both kids facing out, kids facing each other, two capsules etc) See for examples http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx You also don't have one baby sort of 'under' the pram, both are up front. That said I have a strider and love it. The BJCS was way too pricy for us and when I got the strider we were planning on having 2 & 3 close together so having a good pram that could go from one child to two and also take the capsule attachment was important. One other thing the strider is quite heavy if you fold with the seat attached, from reading on here people have said that the BJCS is lighter. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the strider but I don't have the second seat attachment yet, still working on hubby to start ttcing lol

I'm in love with the bjcs, my SIL purchased one and loves it
    I like the fact that both kids have freedom to look around and ones not stuck looking at the bottom of another seat. There are several different ways you can have the kids too.
    Yep the price tag is expensive and that's the only thing holding me back in getting one, from looking at them both I think the BJCS is better quality, wheels are better, my strider has already popped a button on the side, it doesn't get a lot of use and is well cared for.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love the Strider Plus. Not sure why there would be the price difference.

I find it easy to use, stores loads of shopping, very responsive, stable, and I've never had a problem with the width.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry also wanted to add that the strider basket is HUGE and accessible from front back and sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks, that's great info!

They both look wide to me so was expecting a wider pram anyway. I was using a valco rebel q with DS but now just use a cheap stroller. I loved the valco as it was thinner and never worried about fitting anywhere but as soon as I put a bit of weight in the pram with DS or a bit of shopping I struggled to steer it so thought getting a extra child seat ti fit that pram would add to the weight and make it worse, so need something that can hold 2 kids and still be easy to push around! I have a couple of friends who have the strider with one child but glad to hear its also good for 2! I think I've found my new pram, just gotta search around for bargains and pick colours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    true more config options but take out the bassinette ones if u aren't buying a bassinette and also the two caps ones if u aren't having two capsules ie twins
    it is a bit heavy though that's true

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was trying to choose between the two and went with the strider for the following reasons:

1) Price - BJCS is way more expensive and you have to buy add ons to attach the different components, like the capsule, on top of the cost of the pram and capsule.

2) the colour - love the toffee colour!

3) apparently you have to take the seat off the BJCS to fold it - though happy to be corrected if that isn't true!

The only thing I dislike about it is the wheels. I live in a place with sandy Nd rocky terrain so something that absorbed the bumps a little better would have been good!