+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for reassurance

I have had some brown spotting yesterday and it is still there when I wipe today. Only when I wipe. It's a tiny amount but it is TMI a bit 'stringy'

HCG taken yesterday was 29000 'Spot on' for dates.

Last night I did feel a bit crampy super bloated and wind but this am had some 'digestive issues' . that doesn't really reassure me as I often had this pre-period.

I will have HCG in a few days to see. I hate waiting!

It is so hard to stay positive but also realistic. I saw a friend at the shops who asked if everything was ok. Of course I burst into tears. I want this so much. I didn't have any spotting with my first pregnancy.

I guess I want to hear stories of people who had had similiar issues. how long did you spotting last etc? Did you have gastorintestinal issues too?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing when I was pregnant with DS. Brown spotting mixed with cervical mucous. I was told it was all normal and not to stress (which I know is hard!) Brown blood is ok, it's bright blood that you should be worried about.

Coincidentally I do do have gastro issues and it didn't have any effect on my pregnancy

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had spotting 3 times this pregnancy, 4, 6 and 8 weeks. I'm now 20 weeks and haven't had any since. I also didn't have any spotting with my first pregnancy so I was really stressed but it has all turned out fine. Fingers crossed everything will be ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Jsut what I need to hear.

It is so hard. I am trying to be calm about it and not stress but I also know that there is a chance things might not be ok. ARGH.

Feeling much better now after achat with a girlfriend who gave me flowers and cake.

I thought it would be easier the 2nd time around. Nope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, I had brown spotting at 4 and 8 weeks (bang on when AF was due). I had some brown stringy bits too (sorry for the TMI).

I also had bloating and cramping at 4 weeks with an "upset tummy" feeling, but that had subsided by 8 weeks.

I am sure all is fine, let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have had exactly the same thing- from 7 weeks to 11 w 5d, now 13 weeks 4 days and it's stopped- scan at 12 w 5 d shwed a healthy bub. HTH xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had spotting from 8 weeks that turned out to be perigestational haematoma, which is reasonably common and needn't be a problem for the pregnancy. (I happened to lose mine at 11 weeks, but this was unrelated to the haematoma). My point is, it could just be haematoma.

Have you had an ultrasound?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two subchorionic hematomas which causes moderare-heavy gushes of blood and cramping randomly between 6-19 weeks and bub was fine. Also, my OB told me that blood is an irritant to the uterus and can cause cramps, so cramps don't always mean the worst.

Spotting is VERY common and most of the time is absolutely ok, so try to stay calm and positive - hard as it is

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your pregnancy and don't stress out. I've had bleeding on and off my whole pregnancy.. every month around my due period I.get it and I'm 22 weeks and my babies fine. My Dr said its so common for bleeding while your pregnant. And earlier on at 8 and 12 weeks it was accompanied with really painful cramps. But like I said its all fine now. He's kicking and moving around so its more reassuring this month when It happened again.

Good luck xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. My second lot of bloods from yesterday showed a rise of 11000. Now 39000.

I live in the country so a scan is not really possible and really won't change management. I have had a scan with the Dr's handhelp single crystal u/s machine and he can see a sac and a blob which measure ok for dates. The machine is not sensitive enough to see a heartbeat yet. I am scheduled to see my OB at the end of March when I am in the city. Hopefully I can organise something sooner. As soon as I see a heartbeat I will be 'happy'.

I do still feel nauseated so that is great.

I am feeling a bit better. still spotting a smidge, only when I wipe.

A good friend who is a midwife said I 'should be fine with those levels'. She has had several losses herself and a difficult time conceiving so I know she would not say it if she didn't believe it.

Trying to relax. Thanks everyone for your feedback. We have decided this child is a girl because it is being a horror from early on. My son was a 'perfect' pregnancy. Delivery and newborn daze were a different story.