+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to say it sounds like reflux! The thickener will help and if you are pro-dummy a dummy will help with the pain and the need to want to suck 24/7 - the sucking eases the pain; it's so easy to over feed (overfill) a refluxer too, which then starts the cycle all over again! Good luck with the thickener, you are definitely on the right track and I hope his reflux settles soon! xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post

It does suck that there's not really any advice for FF, but we're here if you need us
    Thanks Sjay. I had a very interesting day y'day trying to book into the local Child Health Centre... there's no appointments until mid-April, so they suggested I phone 13HEALTH. The child health nurse I spoke to through there called be back about 4 times during the day because she kept thinking of different strategies (massage, brown sugar and water, bicycle legs, getting enough feeds) all of which we're already doing. They're not allowed to talk about formula's however and aren't allowed to specifically mention brands - so that part wasn't much help, but at least she tried!

It's now Day 5 and no bowel movement for the little guy so we're off to the GP in the hope she can help (she has 4kids herself so fingers crossed!). Meanwhile I have a very full and uncomfortable baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 week old daughter has the same issue. She grunts so much to push out a poo she disturbs her sleeps which then impacts her settling and then impacts us and it just goes around and around.

Her first formula was karicare gold and change to nan ha but it hasn't done anything for her. She can push her poo out but it's SO big and isn't soft. If I help her (when I noticed she is pooing) I can get soft poos from her but she can't get a soft poo out herself it's always hard.

I'm starting to wonder if she is constipated or if she has a weak bowel?? I don't want to change formulas again and upset her tummy even more.

We have tried massages, baths, coloxyl drops in her bottles, extra water in her bottles as well and nothing helps. It's so stressful and disheartening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soultion!!!!!! Stick the small end of a cotton stick (only the cotton end) into her bum (lubed) and wiggle it gently and BOOM! POO!!!

Please make sure you take extra care doing this. Only insert the tip not the stick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Just an update for you in case it helps...
    On pediatrician advice, I switched to Novalac for Constipation, but bub didn't seem to like the taste, she would pull back from the bottle even more than usual. She was on this for 4 days (it worked though - in terms of softening her poo), then contacted the dr and he said I can put her back on Nan, so I did this and thought I'd rather her be constipated and eating than not eating enough and regular! Surprisingly after the switch back to Nan, the constipation was gone! I can only assume the constipation went by itself after her body adjusted to formula.
    She still has bouts of crying and is always full of wind, so I am giving her Infacol with every feed, it helps somewhat, but I still don't have a good solution for the wind/pain issue. Hoping she will grow out of it soon (she's 8 weeks now)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got my bub the same formula today in hope it will help! Fingers crossed!

In regards to wind my life saver was "dr glass wind mixture" ... I live in Newcastle and I think that's the only place you can get it but it stopped her wind immediately! It's been around for over 25 years and it is amazing!!! It's just a peppermint solution you give to them prior to the bottle! If you can get your hands on it get it because it will be your saviour! Infacol didn't do anything for us