+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default No motivation

Does anyone else have a DP with no motivation to go to work?

She's usually pretty good, but this morning she was like a 5 year old! Alarm went off and she said she didn't want to go and she wanted to call in sick. I said she should save her sick days for when she's actually sick (on probation you only get 3 unless exceptional circumstances). She said she didn't care, she was going to call in.

I said I thought it was a bad idea, and she huffed and puffed then got out of bed and started getting ready. I offered to drive her in and when we got there she did concede and thank me for making her get off her bum but arggh!

I felt like a nagging mum but honestly? I don't love work but I still have to go, she just had 6 days off! So forgive me for not being sympathetic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is frustrating for you but good on you for being supportive (not nagging!) and DP obviously appreciated it eventually. Is she normally like this in regards to going to work? I can understand her lack of motivation after having 6 days off though, I find it hard having motivation just after having a weekend off sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is like my day....everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha nope, not dh! Me!

I struggle at least once a week! And it's not because I don't like my job, i actually love it but I'd just rather not be there! And after leave?? Well, it's 10x harder! My dh leaves 1.5hours before me so it's up to me to get my bum motivated... And 18month ds, who has the opposite affect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Sometimes my alarm goes off and it honestly feels like it's the middle of the night. But, here I am. Like every other morning. I've only had ONE "mental health day" from my job, which was recently, and I actually had an appointment that day lol - I've been here 3 years.

DP is difficult to get out of bed but he always goes to work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes - I think it's called morningitis. My husband moans and groans very morning - he gets ignored, I'm to busy moaning and groaning myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    That is frustrating for you but good on you for being supportive (not nagging!) and DP obviously appreciated it eventually. Is she normally like this in regards to going to work? I can understand her lack of motivation after having 6 days off though, I find it hard having motivation just after having a weekend off sometimes
    No she's normally pretty good. I mean, we all hate going to work even if we love our jobs, right? And our bed is pretty dang comfy!

I was more like - if I only get 2 days off work then have to go to work for 5 days, you can go to work for 2 days after 6 days off!

I know once she's there she's fine though. And she'll thank me when she's sick and needs a day off and has her sick leave up her sleeve!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my dh usually works night shift he goes but always runs late due to lack of motivation to go lol
    there is so much drama there. he is on the hunt for a new job :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her reasoning was she didn't want to talk to stupid people all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was working that was me!! I worked mornings and DH nights so I had to drag my bum out of bed without waking him then sneak around getting ready! I called in sick a few times