+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS2 was wrapped until just after his first birthday.. It was the only way he would sleep, eventually through the night he would get his arms out and roll over but he needed to be wrapped to fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We transitioned by using the sleeping bag then wrapping that up in a cot sheet when DD was 8 or 9 mths old. Every few days we left the cot sheet a bit looser and lower down. It took about 2 weeks to remove the swaddling aspect all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stop swaddling and transitioned into a sleeping bag at 5 months. DS started to roll in his sleep at 3 months, but we used an extra large muslin blanket tucked in really tight at the sides to "pin" him down in the cot. Only once he worked out how to get out of that by going up/down/upside down/sideways did we move to the sleeping bag. We went cold turkey out of the wrap - he was unsettled for a few days and then fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I think it's called a 50/50 transition swaddle
    Thanks! I'll check it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is the same age and also sleeps in the Love to Dream. As he is now rolling and I didn't want to spend more money on the swaddle they make with removable arms, I cut a hole in one side so one arm can pop out and he can still suckle on the other hand that is swaddled. The LtD website says you keep one arm out for 3 weeks then both come out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Witchypoo, my DD was swaddled from birth but then at about the same age as your bub she started spending more time trying to bust her arms out (and spit out her dummy) than sleep. It was driving me crazy because it'd take an hour to settle her down to sleep at night. Then at 5m I'd had enough and I went cold turkey - no more swaddling (Grobag instead) and no more dummy - and did the *shock! horror!* controlled crying thing. I could tell she was desperately tired but didn't know how to self-settle and after a couple of days of crying herself to sleep (only for 30mins), she learned and was a different baby from then. She also learned to suck her thumb at bedtime then too, as a substitute (although she's mostly grown out of that now). Let me know if you want to know more

Just don't beat yourself up - remember, it's just a phase