+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ICSI FET Success rates for Ladies in their mid 20s

Hey Ladies,

I am going through my first cycle and was wondering if anyone would have any idea on success rates for me? I am 24 and so is my partner, we have just implanted two embryos that were on day 5 of development in a FET. Our issue was due to a low sperm count and I was just wondering if there were any other girls out there in my age group who could tell me what success rates they were given to expect. When we first started I was told we had a 70% chance but I haven't asked since and I wanted to know what you all think about it. Let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi midouri
    Well i am not young like you as I am 39 and have also had 3 children from a previous relationship, so i know I am perfectly fertile, however my new partner has very low sperm and after 4 years of trying we also did ivf/icsi. I wasnt overly confident being my age however we got 11 eggs at epu. with only 6 fertilising. They were frozen at day 1 then we went back for them 6 months later. We requested two be put back in. They had to thaw all 6 of our embies and only 3 made it to day 5. So two went in me and 1 back in the freezer. I ended up pregnant with triplets!
    Apparently Icsi has a higher rate of the embies splitting.
    Now before you get too excited, I actually went on to lose them at 10 weeks. It really was quite an ordeal as my body could not cope with the soaring hcg in my system causing my thyroid to go into overdrive and I became unknowingly very sick with thyroidtoxicosis. I just thought this was how my body was coping being pregnant while so much older.
    Anyway, not to make this post about me, I think if you have no fertility issues yourself then your chances of success are very high. I wish you the very best. I remember joking with the nurses about the low sperm after i success, that we just had to get them from point a to point b!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Midouri,

I'm 33 now and just had my first cycle. We have to use IVF because I have no patent fallopian tubes after miscarriage and ectopic pregnancies. The first time DP had his SA he was perfect, but when it came to the actual EPU day, his numbers were a bit low. AT EPU we got 23 eggs and decided to do 10 ICSI and the rest IVF. All the ICSI fertilised and 10 of the 13 IVF fertilised. We transferred 2 on day 4 and got 17 to freeze. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and we have our first scan next Monday to see if 1 or both of the embryos implanted.

I just wanted to tell you that you are young, so as long as you and your partner are both healthy and have no other chromosomal problems, you should have no drama making healthy little ones and carrying a pregnancy to term. It seems to be working out well for me and I'm almost 10 years older than you!

Best of luck with your first cycle and I hope the 2WW isn't too excrutiating for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Midori,
    I am 27 now but when I fell pg for my 1st DD I was 25. We did ICSI due to hubby's low sperm count and I have no issues, phew . We couldn't do a fresh cycle as I had OHSS.

Had one FET following OHSS which didn't work.

We did a 2nd FET and put one 5 day emby back in and were told it would be around a 40% chance of success. We fell pg on that cycle to have a beautiful little girl .

Last October I did my 1st FET after having DD in 2010 and am now 24 weeks PG with our DS . So excited.

So as they say 2 out of three (FET's) ain't bad lol.

I think that FET's have a higher success rate due to the reduced stress on the body that a fresh cycle puts you through. I'd say that with 2 emby's the success rate would be higher. I am surprised that they would put 2 back for you given your age and that there are no Fert issues with you. It would increase you chances of multiples.

Best of luck to you and hope your TWW goes fast. When is your BT? Are you going to POAS before hand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!

I asked them to put two in. I've always wanted twins, and I also knew we could only afford to do this try once at least for several months so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone lol. I'm definately more at ease now.
    Yeah the 2ww is a bit of handful but I'm managing as best I can. I have a blood test next friday so I'm a bit anxious, just praying I don't get my period before then. :S
    I'll try and keep you all posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What clinic are you at? Very few offer more than one transfer on first ivf under 35yr. I too can't really afford to do this more than once a year and would consider two embies transferred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am at Brisbane Fertility Clinic. I think its at Spring Hill. I have Dr Scott Salisbury, he's been fantastic. He was really worried about putting 2 embies in though so I don't think they do it often, they try to encourage just the 1 transfer but he let me talk him into it lol