+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 month old rolling on to belly but can roll back when asleep!

My 3 month old is going on to him belly as soon as I put him on his back to sleep. He does not seem to want to stay there and is getting frustrated and upset. I will put him back on his back and within seconds he is back on his belly again. He has been a great sleeper but this is upsetting he sleep routine. He is getting extremely overtired. Please how can I teach him to ro from belly to back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Your bubs will learn how to roll over in his own time, but you can help him to learn by showing him what to do - we do this a GymbaRoo. To do front to back rolling they need to drop their arm and shoulder flat to the floor, so gently pull him arm out a little to encourage this movement. Practice lots on the floor during the day and he will get there soon.

We had this problem with DS. I used a large muslin cloth as a cot blanket and tucked it in really tightly across his front. This basically pinned him down so he could not roll onto his front. We stopped once he was able to roll both ways, plus up/down etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went through the same thing with DD. It's very frustrating so I know what you're going through! We used this thing called an anti roll pillow which helped us. We used something similar to the one in the link below
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anti-roll...ee#ht_354wt_48

Hope this helps! Good luck! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too had my DS turn onto his belly & not being able to roll back onto his back. I resorted to rolling up some cloth nappies & put them under his sheet so it created two bumps that he could hug & still be able to go onto his back. I had this in his cot for 3 weeks .