+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default at what point do you have enough and know you need help??

i feel i am at breaking point lately. i am constantly on edge. ds (3.5) is very full on, as spirited as they come and it's so draining.
    dh's daughter is 13 and causing so much stress on everyone. dh has recently started on anti depressants, also his ex has too due to sd behaviour.
    the BM really looks toward me for support and is surprisingy more support to me than dh. he wears rose coloured glasses and can't see the issue. i fidn out today that sd told her mum she wants to live with her dad....without me there.

i want to enjoy my kids, not yell at them. they are jsut gorgeous. it's my job as a parent to raise them and let them be happy. but i feel so stressed all the time. i don't know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for advice

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got no advice, but
    What a tough situation to be in.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perhaps see your GP about seeking some counselling

It's really hard but there have to be ways to deal with the stress and anxiety. I remember being a teenager and boy did I try to push buttons but my parents coped somehow, bless them. Maybe some counselling with your DH could assist, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What Benji said but I think also perhaps someone to talk to for your SD as well. If she wants to live with her dad then she has to understand that you are part of his life.

•Sent from my iPhone•

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not in exactly the same situation but im feeling similar to you.
    I hope that your able to stay strong and get though everything.
    is there someone that you could talk to for comfort or guidance. i vent to my bestie all the time!
    im trying so hard to just take deep breaths and to get though the day... there is always something or someone who ticks me off. generally its dh.
    financially we are struggling and he hates talking about money.
    if i bring it up to try and discuss it as adults he ends up screaming at me. therefore i am stuck with sorting absolutely everything out by myself.
    i just find it unfair that he gets to sit there everyday and relax when my mind has gotta be racing to sort it all out.
    i don't sleep very well :-( argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweetie, go and see your doctor. It sounds abit like what ive got, emotional exhaustion/burnout. check this page out http://www.helpguide.org/mental/burn...s_symptoms.htm it explains what burnout is and tips to prevent it.
    Last edited by overcrowded; 06-03-2012 at 10:37.