+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not alone here: When a friend goes on about how fat she is... And she is skinnier than you...

Or makes a comment about somebody's weight who is slimmer than you.
    Lol, this used to bother me, but now I figure their rant is about them. I always hated it if I couldn't mention my weight issues because someone else was bigger... because I wasn't bothered how they looked, I was only talking about myself. That said, I hate it when skinny girls say it just to have people say, "Oh, no you're not..." etc. I do have an inner chuckle though, when my mother went on about being "so fat" at 55kg... when I can't even remember being that small (I was 65kg at 12). But I realise that's about her, not me... she is naturally quite small and is used to being about 45kg... and is also annoyed with menopause and the weight it's put on her. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    This is the good thing about getting older, I now speak up and share MY opinion and my opinion about their opinion...
    I hope this is me one day. For now though, I've realised it's easier to just stfu because they don't listen to other viewpoints, and I just get ganged up on personally attacked, and that just makes me feel horrible. Not thick-skinned enough to stand up for these things when against a group of bigots just yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband is a chronic offender. He is a self confessed pain killer addict, has suffered migraines often and in my opinion is too reliant on powerful
    Medications to combat this ailment. He (without thinking) told my cousin who shared how high her level of access to pain medication was. He told her how lucky she was. She is dying of cancer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aaah I probably have a million to share, but my brain is not working right now so can't think of any.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    My husband is a chronic offender. He is a self confessed pain killer addict, has suffered migraines often and in my opinion is too reliant on powerful
    Medications to combat this ailment. He (without thinking) told my cousin who shared how high her level of access to pain medication was. He told her how lucky she was. She is dying of cancer.
    Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    Oh jeez... that would be horrible... and horribly awkward too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was! Stone silence lol. He really didn't think that one through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It absolutely does my tree in when people take the p!ss out of those with disabilities. Or call someone spastic or spaz. I normally ask 'do you know what the word spastic means?' uuuurm noo is usually the answer. My brother has problems with spasticity, and I work with disabled kids, especially cerebral palsy, so I get upset when I see people the mick out of people who struggle with speech - they automatically assume they're 'thick' just because a couple of muscles in their mouth don't work. AAAGGRRHHH!!!

Oh and I'm quite sensitive to all the othe main issues too LGBT, racism, basically ignorance of most sorts :-/. Don't talk up though - wish I had the confidence to!

Rant over :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People often complain to me about how everyone at Centrelink are incompetent, rude morons. My mother works at Centrelink and she is a lovely lady. It makes me sick to my stomach that every day she is being abused, sworn at and generally disrespected. She's just trying to do her job and remember every single nook and cranny of the entire welfare system. Not to mention being a 55 year old woman trying to deal with an entirely computerised Government system.

Everyone seems to just have this disrespectful attitude when it comes to talking about Centrelink that people don't realise I don't share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlyhead21 View Post
    People often complain to me about how everyone at Centrelink are incompetent, rude morons. My mother works at Centrelink and she is a lovely lady. It makes me sick to my stomach that every day she is being abused, sworn at and generally disrespected. She's just trying to do her job and remember every single nook and cranny of the entire welfare system. Not to mention being a 55 year old woman trying to deal with an entirely computerised Government system.

Everyone seems to just have this disrespectful attitude when it comes to talking about Centrelink that people don't realise I don't share.
    I'm with you.
    My older sister has worked for centrelink for 10 years.
    I know the abuse she cops daily for things that are out of her control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlyhead21 View Post

Your mum must be one of ladies I get, cause I always seem to get such helpful people! Never had a prob with centrelink.
    ..... However I am one of those people that put my foot in my mouth :0S I'm just a bit dopey hehe 3rd pregnancy so not many brain cells left haha