+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dea, another side effect no ones bothered to tell me about. Thanks for the heads up, I would have been a lil weirded out.

Guess I'm a few days behind you guys. I had my 3rd gonal this morning. It was painful and I had an instant wave of dizziness, nausea, broke into a sweat an went pale faced (so DH says). He was hopping about the kitchen in a panic asking me whats wrong an should he call the hospital. I feel much better now an am giggling on the inside an how he must have looked..

It lasted about 5min, an was pretty intense then the symptoms faded off. My FS an I are hoping it was a once off. Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning I'll be extra anxious about jabbing time. If this happens again I don't know how I'll continue the jabbing, it didn't last long but I felt instantly terrible..

Has anyone else had anything similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies - please explain the water drinking?? I barely drink any water at all... I am on day 8 and have just had the trigger shot at 7pm - my follicles were 16-20mm today... but I have had a tough couple of days leading up to today. My blood test came back with high levels or progestrone and they thought I was ovulating.... it was heart braking to think my first cycle would be cancelled after all these needles (needle phobia)

I found Gonal F mostly better than expected, most injections only really hurt going in and that was it =)
    I was feeling growth after the first night, the girl at work told me it was all in my head and after 3 jabs I had a scan had 12 follicles and approx 10mm each, any wonder I was feeling it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dreamin - I haven't experienced anything like that sorry, I do hope it gets easier for you.

Martcc - they advise you to keep up fluids as the drugs dehydrate you, hence why some ladies suffer with headaches. Was your cycle cancelled??

Thanks
    Reviews
    No thankfully but almost was.....

I didn't really drink water at all and no one told me to =(
    I only had the odd headache but not bad...

Thanks
    Reviews
    IVF is such a case by case treatment, that's why there forums are such a god send!! I drink plenty of water on a regular basis but since commencing My cycle, I have been like a fish to water!!!!

Thats great that you have instant results, have you had many other symptoms other than the feeling of growth? I naturally have a low ovarian reserve so they are stretching my first IU to day 11, currently on day 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not really.
    Period pain like feeling mostly.
    I've been pretty lucky other than being stressed out that I o'd early :-(
    All is okay now though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my 4th gonal this morning. Thank goodness was not a repeat of y'day that was shocking, dont want to go through that again.

DH did a good job, remembered to stop pinching my skin once the needle was in and pressed the end slowly.

Didn't really hurt, nothing like y'days. Still I did manage to break out a sweat because I was anxious I would feel like y'day.

I have been feeling my ovaries hard at work today growing the eggs (poor things forced into labour) and DH says I'm mad in the head. He reckons its not possible..

Ladies? What is your opinion and experience about this? Can you feel them?

I'm betting I have more action on the RHS as I have felt that more than the LHS. Hope it doesn't get any more intense than it has been because it will pass the line into being a bit painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Had my 4th gonal this morning. Thank goodness was not a repeat of y'day that was shocking, dont want to go through that again.

DH did a good job, remembered to stop pinching my skin once the needle was in and pressed the end slowly.

Didn't really hurt, nothing like y'days. Still I did manage to break out a sweat because I was anxious I would feel like y'day.

I have been feeling my ovaries hard at work today growing the eggs (poor things forced into labour) and DH says I'm mad in the head. He reckons its not possible..

Ladies? What is your opinion and experience about this? Can you feel them?

I'm betting I have more action on the RHS as I have felt that more than the LHS. Hope it doesn't get any more intense than it has been because it will pass the line into being a bit painful.
    Oh my oath you can feel it! I've been in pain the last 5 days! It's hitting my sciatic nerve and annoying the crap out of me... Even called the nurse to make sure it was ok..

Most of my pain is right hand side too!

So yes you most certainly can feel it!! I can't wait for EPU... Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    uh oh.. I'm a lil bit scared now. Is this sensation likely to get worse? A few times it started to feel more sharp, I once had a pain several yrs ago there and it hurt like a .... I was very close to waking DH in the night and telling him to bring me to hospital.

I never want a pain like that again. I'm a lil worried that I'll have some pain or some other side effect on the wkend. Who do I call or see on the wkend if I'm not sure?

I'm due for my scan soon, does it hurt when the follicles are all sensitive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No don't stress, sorry I shouldn't have scared you like that..

Mine is a very dull but constant pain that just gets worse each day as they grow.. You can take panodol if you need it but nothing else.. As long as you can pee and poop you are fine un my fn words.

I haven't had much sharp pains, but if u feel the pain and it's that bad by all means call your nurse.