+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gonal F injections

Hello,

I am currently on day 7 of Gonal F (175), unfortunately there was a slight mix up with the nurse and my FS, and I was advised to take 100mg for 3 days instead of the full 175mg.

Since starting the full 175mg I have had more aggresive symptoms such as lower back pain, bloating and a larger abdomen. Of course I am concerned that the three days of the lower dosage may hinder the follicles getting to their full capacity by Friday (9th), Friday I will undergo an ultrasound to determine whether the follicles have developed accordingly. I would be most grateful if anyone has any advice, or happy to share their personal experience.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i started on a lower dose, 87.5 for 5 days with no response, then they upped my dose to 125 to which i then responded to. They're in full control of your body and hormones etc during the ivf cycle so nothing is going to happen without them making it happen. if you don't have follicles of the right size etc by friday, then you'll prob have to stim a little longer, nothing is set in stone
    good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying, much appreciated. Did you experience any symptoms prior to EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'm quite sensitive in that region so i felt quite uncomfortable and 'full', little bit of bloating, achiness, backache etc. i'm so glad i didn't work the day beforehand. to be honest, i was more sore and bloated after epu. they said to drink lots of water and eats lots of protein, which i did but then got a bit blocked which took a few days to go away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also just started gonal f (200). So far so good an no symptoms but its very early days.. Feel very slightly different on my tummy but I think thats my imagination of where my jabs went.

Totally forgot I'm spose to drink more water as I don't normally drink enough, better start sippin..

Blocked? I thought getting the runs was the more likely effect.. Maybe I should get a pack of prunes just incase.

I guess you are both a few days ahead of me. How are your symptoms now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm on day 5 of gonal 250... I felt it the first day! I get growing type pains on my bikini line area.. Never forget that pain..

I actually called fn today as I was worried.. She didn't seem fussed said just take panodol.. Scan and bloods thurs..

All part of the ride I guess! I haven't been blocked up.. It's after EPU I get blocked for days and days! Prunes here I come!! Haha

Good luck girls!!

X

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DP's first stim cycle they had her on 150 for about 10 days with very little response until the upped it to 250. She then responded too well and had heaps of symptoms.

She got 18 eggs collected.

In the end it was a horror cycle as she stimmed for three weeks and then got OHSS. Note though that they should have upped the drugs much earlier.

Three day's isn't going to make a difference as they are controlling everything else and the caught it early.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies that is really helpful!! Such exciting times for all!!! Day 9 now and everything is progressing well. I do have a question though, I have had an increased amount (alot) of egg white like discharge, in the case of a normal menstrual cycle I realize this would mean I am in my fertile phase, does the same rule apply during an IVF cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes thats very normal! It means the drugs are working!

I freaked out heaps too but fs said thats very normal!

Have you had scans yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you so much!! That makes me feel much better!!

I have my IU on Friday . How are you travelling?