+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    How is it possible to have a $800 bill????? Is it the different companies charge more? Or are people using way more? I feel sorry for our planet

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Different companies, different states, different homes (age of home makes a huge difference), different climates etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristyNluke View Post
    Between 500- 600 every 3 months no gas or solar.
    This. In nsw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd like to add, I am also in QLD and searched around for the cheapest provider, I now use click energy. We don't have gas or solar panels. I have green light bulbs and turn everything off at the wall when it's not in use except the fridge and baby monitor which are always on. Our power bill has always been about 1/4 the proce of my parents who are a couple of streets away in a smaller house, but with a different provider and not as energy conscious as we are

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley595 For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess1889 View Post
    How many fridges do you have

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub
    We have two fridges and a chest freEzer. Our 2nd fridge was very old and we recently updated it (to try save power!).
    I think the key is to be more conscience... I will look at what power points can be turned off etc!

Isn't it amazing the difference in bills a cross the state/country. We live in rural nsw and unfortunately our postcode has "set rates" that can't be changed by any company - we did however just organised a 10% discount with our provider!

I guess it will be just a bit more effort from everyone in the house!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure what our electricity bills will be like for this house, but for our other house, for full electricity (so no gas or solar), no air-con, but electric panel heating, our bill would range from $350 for the summer quarter to $1,200 for the winter quarter. And that was with a 16% employee discount for DH!

This house is older and has much higher ceilings, but has wood heating, so we'll be saving a fair bit on the electricity bill in winter I would imagine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Previously in Queensland our bills were $600-$1000 per quarter.

In WA for the past 2 years our bills were $200-$400 per quarter with gas heating and solar hot water.

We are back in Queensland and yet to receive a bill as yet, but this house has solar power and the property manager told us to expect a bill per quarter of $150-$250. So looking forward to that!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also different people have different appliances. We have only 2 in our family so will obviously use far less than a household with 6 or 8 people in it. We have 1 fridge with good energy rating, 1 small tv, not flat screen, it's digital but not HD, it's not been turned on since Saturday after our movie finished. We have one washing machine that's used twice a week, sometimes (rarely) a third time. We have a dvd player that is also turned off most of the time. The slow cooker is used mostly in winter, we eat a lot of stews, soup, etc in winter. The microwave is very rarely used. The kettle is used each morning for coffee. I have been making toast in the frying pan for dd on mornings she has toast becayse she will have fried mushrooms and eggplant on toast, it's just as easy. In fact it's easier and done out of laziness, not to keep our bill low. We have no computer, the mobile phone charger (but I also use the car charger) and energy saving lights. Our air-con is barely turned on at all, and right now my house is open with a gentle breeze coming through. No need for fans just at the moment. It also comes down to the individual. We don't seem to feel the heat. I have jeans on everyday in north qld. Other people really feel the heat so need to run aircons more often. Also some houses are not energy efficient. The wiring is all wrong at my mum's house. She can go away and close up the house and still have high usage, but can't afford to fix it either. The quotes are all around the 5k mark. She is on a low income.

So yeah, different homes, different wiring, different amount of people, different heating/cooling requirements (yes I freeze in winter lol), different need for different appliances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Our bill every quarter is between $105 to $120. That was for 2 of us. Now have 5 in the house so not sure what it will go up to.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our last quarterly bill was $270. 4 adults, no gas or solar. In Sydney.

We all had fans on at night (pedestal), have a pretty energy efficient fridge and a washing machine. No dryer or air con. If I need a dryer (which is all the time in Sydney at the moment!), I take my clothes to the laundromat or to work where I use theirs.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 06-03-2012 at 12:11.

Casey88 is offline Life is made up of years that mean nothing, and moments that mean everything.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in Perth and I think our bill comes every 2 months. Our last bill was 170.15 for 63 days, and the one before that was 206.15. We have our air con on ALL the time, I actually think it costs more to turn it on and off all the time. We just switch it between aircon and fan as needed. All our hot water and stove is gas but the oven is electric. We also never turn the computer off, the tv is on most of the time and we have 2 fridges. My daughter has a lamp on all night every night and we have a 4x2 house aswell. I would die if I got a bill that was that big!!! In winter it will probably be less as we have a wood fire too.