+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time mum needing some advice...

DD is 9 weeks old. Straight after a feed I put her down in her cot and she drifts off to sleep with her dummy. If I don't put her down straight away she gets overtired, cries and is VERY hard to settle. My concern is she gets very little "playtime". When she wakes we do a nappy change and I talk and sing to her and I get loads of smiles but it's not long before she gets grumpy wanting a feed. So my question is, is this enough playtime???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's heaps. 9 weeks is SO young. Just go with the flow and let her watch you do the cooking or hang the clothes out. Babies also like watching the paint dry. Trust your instincts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sounds about right, my son was never awake long enough for much else at that age. It was always nappy, bottle, cuddles and smiles then straight back to bed. Thats pretty much all they need and want at that age, you sound like youre already doing an awesome job DS started appreciating play time around 4 months.. I hope this helps

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my kids at 9 weeks were still very sleepy. At about 12 weeks they had more awake time...and at 16 I was wishing for more of that glorious sleep time!

Don't stress, 9 weeks is very young - enjoy it while you still have a bit of time to yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put up a similar post regarding play time and the consensus was that the 10 minutes my 11 week old DS would remain happy for during 'playtime' was perfectly normal. And when i mean playtime, I know they're too young to 'play' but time spent on hos play mat looking at colorful hanging toys, moving his arms and legs around etc. My DS still sleeps a lot too during the day and a lot of the time when he's not, he wants me cuddling him which is nice. Enjoy it and don't be too concerned, I was but I'm not anymore, they're so little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    go with the flow not the "routine" at that age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! It's comforting to know. The MHN put so much emphasis on playtime it had me wondering