+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah big hugs

I have a pea sized lump in my left armpit, that appeared late last week, I had a Dr's appointment on Sunday, ultrasound on Monday and the results yesterday. It was a very harrowing 48hrs, but the results were suggestive of a lipoma so it was a huge relief.

Please let us know how you go, I will be thinking of you and hoping you get the all clear x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    Ah big hugs

I have a pea sized lump in my left armpit, that appeared late last week, I had a Dr's appointment on Sunday, ultrasound on Monday and the results yesterday. It was a very harrowing 48hrs, but the results were suggestive of a lipoma so it was a huge relief.

Please let us know how you go, I will be thinking of you and hoping you get the all clear x
    Thanks, it is pretty terrifying isnt it!

Will let everyone know after my app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today :-)

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lovemybabies! For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i saw this thread and had to respond....

You must be in a panic!
    Same thing happened to me, except i felt a LUMP!
    I was putting on my deoderant under my left arm and OWCH! ....there was a weird feeling there. Of course i did a BSE and there it was...a pea sized lump.

My mum suffered breastcancer so i have the family history. I was expecting the worst.
    I just had a beautiful baby girl 6mths ago. Im only 26yrs old! this just cant happen to me right now.

It was weird but, i felt kinda stupid telling my DH about it......i thought he'd think i was being a drama queen (as sometimes i am)
    Anyways he was great and had a feel as well and told me to go to the GP and not get myself all worked up about it just yet.
    I didnt sleep or eat that day, all i could think of was "who's going to look after DD if i end up in hospital?" and "i know this means surgery" "even if its a cyst, they will want it taken out" "chemo?" "i dont even have a will!"

I got in the following day to the GP he did a full breast exam and felt the lump. He said it was mobile and very small chance it would be cancerous......phew. But that small part of me still prepared for the worst.

Got into radiology appt a WEEK later. I tried to keep myself busy. Every morning before i got out of bed, i'd feel that lump. Even at a set of traffic lights in the car, id feel that lump. I wanted to tell my mum so bad, but i didnt want to get her upset. So i called my sister and had a talk to her about it. It was good to talk to someone about how i was feeling at the time.

Went to the ultrasound alone as DH was looking after DD.

They found not ONE lump.......but FIVE.
    The woman doing the ultrasound wouldnt answer my question "are they cancerous?" she left the room to talk to someone higher than her i suppose. She was gone a good 15 mins. OMG OMG OMG i swear i was sweating from fear.

She and a male Dr came back only to tell me they are just cycts, there is no shaddow behind them so they are not cancerous. I have to keep doing BES's and monitor them to make sure they dont get any larger....eventually they will dissappear or stay. Either way, it was ok.

Apparently, my breasts are the fibrous and dense type that are prone to non-harmfull cycts.

I wish i could tell you everything will be okay and it's probably not as serious as you think. But with these sort of things, you do expect the worst and that's ok. The important thing is to find some support and talk about your feelings. I know the next 2 weeks will be torture. I hope you can get thru them and try not to think about it too much, Overthinking things often makes it feel a whole lot worse.

Thinking of you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Humphreyisapuppet For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today try and stay positive xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck today, thinking of you

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Ok. so have just left the doctors and i feel just as confused now (although less scared)then i did before.

Doc said good news, it does not look cancerous...

I said, great, so what now... doc just looked at me
    I said, where do we go from here

Doc said its not cancerous

I said, i know, thats great but what do we do about the pain (I am currently living on panedine forte)

Doc said, panadol, panadeine forte, oh why dont you try primrose oil??????

It feel like the docs thinks, no cancer no problem. There is a problem, i can not pick up dd without crying out in pain. i cant wear a bra, i cant lay on my sides/stomach at night. I cant cought, sneeze etc without it hurting.

She wants me to come back in a few months to re evaluate...

I walked out, got in my car and cried. Of course i am sooo happy there is no cancer, but i cant live with this pain for another couple of months...

I then called my MIL (She has had BC) we came up with a game plan.

I am booked in at 10am tomorrow morning with family planning to get my implanon removed. It might be a coincidence but the pain is on the same side the rod is in but i am willing to try anything.

I have also called to make a booking with another doctor. I know i said the one i have is great, she is, but i need to know what is causing this pain and why the ultra sound lady said she could see something the size of a lemon there.

If it is not cancer then they should have an idea of what it is... Right????

I feel so deflated right now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Please don't overthink it too much. They said it isn't cancer and this is great news. If they even suspected it was cancer they'd be moving on it right now.

Definitely keep on her to find out what's causing it and how to get rid of it and in the meantime, seriously, try the evening primrose oil. I suffered from terrible mastalgia with PMS and changing to a non-underwire bra and taking evening primrose oil has worked magic for me. It might not work for you but it's worth a try if you're in pain.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Thank you so much to everyone for thier support and thier stories. It is amazing how many strong women are on this site and how much you have been through and yet, still take the time to respond to a paranoid crazy person. I really appreciate and value it.

It is amazing how much can change over an hour.....

I had an appointment after my drs appointment with my Occupational Therapist. She is a wonderful lady and has been helping me recover from a car accident for over 12 months now, we have become fairly close.

I told her what had happened and what the dr said.

She asked to see the ultra sounds which i had in my car so i went and got them. As soon as she saw them (There were like 40 photos) she pointed to one and went "See that? Its A fibrotic cyst (sp)" Here put this tape on, leave it on for a few weeks, it will help drain the fluid away and restart blood flow. I will check on it when you come and see me next week. I can not believe the dr did not see that...

And she went on and on!!

She is wonderful! So far, i still have pain but it is a bit duller then it was.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Humphreyisapuppet View Post
    Hi i saw this thread and had to respond....

You must be in a panic!
    Same thing happened to me, except i felt a LUMP!
    I was putting on my deoderant under my left arm and OWCH! ....there was a weird feeling there. Of course i did a BSE and there it was...a pea sized lump.

My mum suffered breastcancer so i have the family history. I was expecting the worst.
    I just had a beautiful baby girl 6mths ago. Im only 26yrs old! this just cant happen to me right now.

It was weird but, i felt kinda stupid telling my DH about it......i thought he'd think i was being a drama queen (as sometimes i am)
    Anyways he was great and had a feel as well and told me to go to the GP and not get myself all worked up about it just yet.
    I didnt sleep or eat that day, all i could think of was "who's going to look after DD if i end up in hospital?" and "i know this means surgery" "even if its a cyst, they will want it taken out" "chemo?" "i dont even have a will!"

I got in the following day to the GP he did a full breast exam and felt the lump. He said it was mobile and very small chance it would be cancerous......phew. But that small part of me still prepared for the worst.

Got into radiology appt a WEEK later. I tried to keep myself busy. Every morning before i got out of bed, i'd feel that lump. Even at a set of traffic lights in the car, id feel that lump. I wanted to tell my mum so bad, but i didnt want to get her upset. So i called my sister and had a talk to her about it. It was good to talk to someone about how i was feeling at the time.

Went to the ultrasound alone as DH was looking after DD.

They found not ONE lump.......but FIVE.
    The woman doing the ultrasound wouldnt answer my question "are they cancerous?" she left the room to talk to someone higher than her i suppose. She was gone a good 15 mins. OMG OMG OMG i swear i was sweating from fear.

She and a male Dr came back only to tell me they are just cycts, there is no shaddow behind them so they are not cancerous. I have to keep doing BES's and monitor them to make sure they dont get any larger....eventually they will dissappear or stay. Either way, it was ok.

Apparently, my breasts are the fibrous and dense type that are prone to non-harmfull cycts.

I wish i could tell you everything will be okay and it's probably not as serious as you think. But with these sort of things, you do expect the worst and that's ok. The important thing is to find some support and talk about your feelings. I know the next 2 weeks will be torture. I hope you can get thru them and try not to think about it too much, Overthinking things often makes it feel a whole lot worse.

Thinking of you.
    Your thought process is what i was thinking almost word for word (or thought for thought). I am so happy things are ok for you and will try not to overthink things anymore. Thank you