+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default i need some help on recurrent chemical miscarriages

hey ladies so my story is
    3 chemical pregnancies, never been naturally pregnant. All 3 have been 4 wks 5 days so its not implanting properly.
    i have been diagnosed with positive ANA and ACA antibodies thats it..

had the dna testing etc it seems our chromosomes are fine.
    PGD maybe? not sure if this is necessary have that feeling in my belly thats its my body not the embryos.
    as first chemilca the hcg doubled but progesterone bottomed out. the next two hcg didnt double but progesterone through the roof!
    I have tried prednisolone, clexane and progesterone support.
    I am now getting more immunolgy testing done waiting for results.

Im wanting any advice anyone can throw at me if you have had similar experiences.
    Im reading about feldene for implantation.
    definately going to do asprin the next cycle.
    Ive read about benefits of melatonin.

I am happy with my clinic and he entertains me when i walk in with 10 pages of information i want to ask about, and is happy to do short and long cycles with me to mix it up. but im getting to the stage now that I am clutching at straws.. i dont know what else to ask about...
    If my immunology tests come back with nothing I have no idea how to continue... ill never give up on having a child but just dont know what other questions to ask.
    You ladies have helped me get through the last 7 cycles so Im hoping someone will have something to say to me that might trigger something in my brain.. after all you have to talk about it to get your answers
    thankyou in advance xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sammy, it sounds like you are doing everything you can and you are just having to play the horrible waiting game right now to get some answers Did you have a biopsy for NK cells as part of your tests? Although if you have this it should already be covered by the steroids and clexane you are taking.

I have had 3 biochem pregnancies and they really suck!! So disappointing to get low hcg results and then to have to wait for them to run their course

Something else to think about, given that the cause of 70% of miscarriages is thought to be spontaneous chromosomal errors this is also a very real possibility for your chem pregs, but certainly doesn't mean that every embryo will have this problem. We had extensive immunological testing which unfortunately didn't show anything else. We then went on to have karyotyping of tissue following 2 miscarriages and did a CGH cycle (PGD testing) and in both cases showed some chromosomal probs despite DH and I both having normal karyotypes.

I really hope that there is a solution from your testing that is easily treatable, but don't lose heart, PLENTY of people have chemical pregs and go on to have healthy babies. If nothing is found then PGD may well be a very good option for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi star fish brilliant response thankyou!
    i havent had nk cell testing and fs just prefered to treat me as if i had it.

so where are you in your journey now?
    I was looking at pgd at the moment.
    Im reading a blog on medical director for genea mark boweman, and its a different approach to what im looking at.
    i always thought it was my body thats the problem and wont let the embryo implant. but they beleive implantation issues if you dont have a physiological issue (some immune disorders they agree need treatment) but more likey its the embryo itself.
    when i analyse my history first chemical hcg rose normal, without any meds. then the other two c/m with all the extra hard drugs the hcg didnt rise?? coincidence? i dont know. I have a feeling pGD is where I need to be now hey!!
    sounds like we are in a similar boat!
    likewise to you.. i wont give up hope. you realise how strong you are through this journey and i have a fabulous man behind me who just keeps me strong and humour me when he needs to haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sammy, who is your FS right now? If you are wanting to go down the immune path then Mark Bowman won't be for you as from what I have read of his blog and understand from his patients he is not a believer in treating NK cells or using DHEA for example to improve egg quality (which might be another option for you).

HOWEVER, Genea do have an excellent PGD program and there are several girls here who have used it and have great things to say about it. We went through IVFA and there are differences in their PGD (CGH array) programs which I think is covered by another thread doing the rounds at the moment.

I have had varied experiences with my chems as well. I have had decent progesterone numbers and at other times haven't, one started out low and continued to climb and the other 2 resolved very quickly, but unfortunately none of them were obviously viable.

All the best with your research!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey to be honest
    ill go down any path that helps haha. i have a feeling the immune side of things wont show anything! PGD is something ive often thought about but hunter ivf dont support this due to the cost and whatever other reason they can think of. just looking at the cost of it now ! omg didnt realise it would be that expensive! money is an issue of course but not in this situation its not.
    and dhea i have also looked at too. think its time for a fresh start at a new clinic start getting some more testing done to cover all basis. its time to look at the embryos themselves i think. my fs beleives implantation issues are the body. not actually the embryo but its obviously got to all be working in harmony to work..
    your have been a great help thankyou for your support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sammy, i was just reading your post out of interest, and I know absolutely nothing of chem pregs or assisted fertility...but you did just make me think of Kiwifruit!

Kiwifruit, you ask?

I am 38 and have just had my first bubba after 20years of v random periods that finally became regular after getting my vitamins right and taking bucketloads of magnesium for a nerve condition (conceived quickly and naturally and I feel utterly blessed ).
    I'd read somewhere that Kiwifruit has SOMETHING in it that assists implantation and fertility in general, 2-3 kiwi a day.

I love the things and had been eating them like they were going outta style around the time I conceived...so maybe???

I wouldn't hurt to up your Kiwi quotient next cycle. You never know...it MAY help. I'll see if I can find some refs on the net for you and will post here if I do.

The best of luck to you, I really, really hope some of the other posters' good advice helps and all your efforts come to fruition.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Useful thread

Hi,
    here is a thread which I think you will find useful
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ting-Disorders
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another useful thread

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...pinions-please
    In particular read the entry from BreadRoll

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sammyb999!

I just wanted to drop in and say that i have the exact same story as you!
    We are up to our 9th ivf cycle and have had 3 chem pregnancies.

I tested high for ACA so did clexane with the last cycle (when I got my 3rd chem). It is so frustrating, draining and exhausting.

Good luck! We r starting our 9th cycle in a couple of weeks so I am trying to get my body healthy and rested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi baroness
    thanks for the thoughts. anything is worth trying..
    not a huge fan of kiwi fruit but will alwaysw give something a go just incase.

ms curly girl- thanks for the links ill be reading them right now!