+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feedback on Citiplace Child Care Centre in Perth

Hi, I am moving to Perth in 3 weeks and need a great daycare. I am unsure where I am going to be living so I though close to work might be best. My daughter is 3 and incredibly shy so I would hate to put her in the wrong environment. Does anyone have any feedback on this centre or any other recommendations? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know that daycare but I know that the better ones are community run centers. The ones I know north of the river that are good are Marjorie Mann, mt Lawley daycare, abc north Perth, kids galore north perth. These are very close to the city but are north of the river so if you do end up settling in the south I can not help. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there
    I haven't used that daycare centre for about 4yrs now but I used it for about 7mths when my DD was younger (she started about 6mths old) and it was very very hard to get a permanent spot and so I had to put her in every week as a casual which cost ALOT more...it was costing me over $70 per day AFTER the CCB and I was on quite a high % rate, plus i had to supply all her meals and nappies, formula etc. The staff were ok but have since seen better and the lady on the front desk at the time was not very nice. They lost clothing of my DD's which I never saw again and a few times my DD was very upset when I went to pick her up.

In the end I took her out of there and put her into a centre close to where we moved to and it was the best thing ever. I could get her permanent spots, it was ALOT cheaper, they supplied her meals, the staff are great and I have never had them lose anything of hers!

So while Citiplace are certainly not the worse centre out there I would seriously wait until you know where you will be living and look at once closer to home - the plus side to that is too is that your child will start to get to know local children and if you have to have time off sick or on annual leave then you can still drop your child at daycare if you need to as it is closer to home.

Good luck it is a hard decision with daycares!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi anxious. I don't know anything about the daycare but I can highly recommend the city place doctors surgery directly across from it. Dr Chris Denz has been my GP for the last 10 years and is now my bubs doctor too. He is so kind and professional. Loves little children like his own. Sorry to go off topic but I thought that sooner or later you might be needing a GP and Chris is just wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Hi Everyone thanks so much for the feedback. Finding the right centre is so important. I will definately check out the Doctor.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

I’ve bumped into this forum and was so happy to see the thread related to the childcare search in Perth. I am also moving to Perth for work in the next 2 weeks. The stress of moving is on its peak moment and I am really as anxious as most parents to find the best childcare for their kids. My little boy is turning 23mos old and he is just loving his current carers in their childcare…

I have checked of CITY CHILDCARE but have not received any response yet. I have checked BUGGLES CHILDCARE in Perth CBD… have anyone of you heard if this one ?

I would really really appreciate your comments.

Best of luck to Anxious mum and I hope to somehow meet you in Perth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My apologies, I read the date as March 2013...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by La ratatouille View Post
    My apologies, I read the date as March 2013...
    Hi ratatouille, did you end up getting into a good daycare or family care?