+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our ds has had a take n toss cup or similar next to his bed at night for the last 12 months. At first he'd fall asleep with it on the bed and it'd leak occasionally, but now he always knows it's next to his bed if he wants it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I left a non-spill sippy cup (one with a straw) in the cot from about 18 months of age. It wasn't used much by my ds but it stopped me having to get up to him if he was thirsty.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had water in DS's cot for so long I can't remember! He's 2y 5m and I think it would be at least a year. He never sleeps with it in his mouth, just has a drink and puts it to the side.

I think your DD will be fine too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Never. DD sleeps with me though and she has a pump bottle on the bedside table she uses and has don't for months.

I *think* it should be okay but I'm not expert.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is also 22 months, and she has had a sippy cup in her cot at night and at nap time for ages. It is often empty in the morning and I rarely have to resettle her at night (if I do it's when she wants a feed).

The trick was finding the perfect cup for it, and now that I have we have no problems with leaks. Anything with a soft teat (like a bottle or a soft spout non-spill sippy cup) will leak if they lie on it, so we have had lots of cases of wet beds. Then I used a heinz cup but the valve kept falling out and soaking everything. It can't be a straw cup because she needs to drink it lying down. I've finally found the perfect one: http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...4?locale=en_AU $10 for 2 at Target, hard spout, built in non-spill valve

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are you worried will happen? I can only think of the water leaking and that doesn't seem to be a safety issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    What are you worried will happen? I can only think of the water leaking and that doesn't seem to be a safety issue.
    I was think of choking.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.

I was worried of her choking more then anything.

She did make numerous attempts (while I was in the supervising last night) to drink while lying on her stomach/head to the side, and also kept drifting off with it in her mouth while on her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is 20 months and has a drink bottle in his bed at night mainly on hot nights but I would leave it in there of he ask for a drink through the night... He has one of the learning curve brands with characters on it it's hard and is non spill. I'm not worried about him choking as such, yeah it's crossed my mind but he has been fine

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app