+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice - Scared to get pregnant due to previous severe obstetric cholestasis

Anyone else get severe cholestasis (I understand it is quite a common condition in pregnancy - however, it is very uncommon to get it as badly as i did)
    So DD1 severe cholestasis - LFT's greater than 700
    DD2 severe cholestasis LFT's greater than 1200 (meant to be below 10?)

Anyway, I had 1 ob tell me it wasn't a good idea to go back (I may need a liver transplant) and 3 others tell me its fine and that I may have to deliver babe at 30 weeks as a worst case senario. I saw a professor of perinatal medicine who gave me the all clear (that my health should be ok, but if liver function was bad they would deliver baby early)

Now, i'm just really scared. what if that one ob was right and i need a liver transplant - its very unlikely but it plays on my mind

Anyone else have severe conditions and go back for another - how did you make up your mind. Anyone chose not to go back for another.

I always wanted lots of kids... i cant imagine not having another, however i'm scared i wont be able to sleep for the pregnancy due to anxiety

bumpity bump for tonights traffic

Similar Threads

1. Obstetric cholestasis
    By TrixieB in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2012, 12:12
  2. gestational diabetes and Obstetric cholestasis
    By loodle in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 20:17
  3. Obstetric cholestasis
    By Little-Pink-Hen in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat