+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Do you have to wait AGES to TTC? I do... *whinge*

Now, I kinda WANT to wait to TTC if I think with my head - because that means we'll have more money, things will sorted, we'll both be ready... hopefully, we'll be paying off a mortgage etc. So 2 years makes sense.

Thing is...

My daughter is 7 this July. In 2 years she'll be turning 9. That's a massive age-gap and something that annoys me. I wanted her to have a closer age gap (not close, just not at least 10 years... because 2 years is when we'll TTC, not when I'll have a baby).

Plus, I want a baby dammit. My body is saying, "jeez woman, how long are you gonna make me wait for fill that uterus again?"

2 years uterus. That's if you're lucky too - it could be even longer still!

I look at baby stuff and want it. I want a baby. Now. I want to be pregnant now. In a way. In a heart way. In a head way, I'd be struggling if I fell pregnant now (it'd be stupid to fall pregnant so soon after my surgery anyway - I was told to wait at least a year).

I hate waiting, but I have to wait.

The whole thing just required a vent.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really wish I could have another baby right now everyone on my facebook is either pregnant or got a newborn make me a little sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That must be so hard
    How about once it's been a year since your surgery you reevaluate? that way the count down is shorter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're not TTC, we haven't decided one way or another whether we'll have another at all, and to be honest, I've been getting so clucky lately.

Our relationship is in a bit of a down slump, and financially another baby would be hard on us.

I don't want a bandaid baby, but I think having another baby would either bring us closer or drive us apart, and maybe it's the push we need.

I'd love for DD to have a sibling though

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've been ttc for 18 months. How I wish I could have a bub now. Ds turns 8 this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if it's any consolation my son is 9 and we've just had a baby girl.

the age gap is AWESOME!!!
    he is old enough to help and really understand what it's all about.
    if he had his way he would babysit.....

he changes nappies, gives her bottles, plays with her.....everything.
    and she of course has him wrapped around her little tiny finger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks everyone.

The age gap might be okay... but that's an extra 10 years of me parenting. I had her at 19. You can say you to yourself, "THat's cool, it means your kids are out of your hair before you're even 40!" But not when you have one at 19, one at 29. Then I'm never going to any time to myself. *sigh*

I don't think there's any win-win situation though. I think it's either do it that way, or never have any more ever... which won't happen because I want another, my partner wants a child of his own and DD begs me for a sibling on a regular basis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Thanks everyone.

The age gap might be okay... but that's an extra 10 years of me parenting. I had her at 19. You can say you to yourself, "THat's cool, it means your kids are out of your hair before you're even 40!" But not when you have one at 19, one at 29. Then I'm never going to any time to myself. *sigh*

I don't think there's any win-win situation though. I think it's either do it that way, or never have any more ever... which won't happen because I want another, my partner wants a child of his own and DD begs me for a sibling on a regular basis.
    Must be hard with your head and heart arguing hugs

Mum had me at 19 I moved out at 18. But she had my brother at 24 than my sister at 29. Than she married my step dad and had my brother at 40
    She is 50 this year and currently living with her are dh, dd and I (im 31 this year) with newbie on the way. My 9 yr old brother and my sister and her bf and they are also expecting a bub (sister is 21)
    My sister and her bf are hoping to move out before bub is born. But dh and I are planing on staying at least another 18 months. P

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep! Well, at least 3-4 months so I can pass the 12 month waiting period as we will be taking out private health insurance. I know thats not long but it is for me because I was meant to be almost having my baby.

Im similar to you Sassy, I had DS1 at 19 and then DS2 at 23. It looks like I will finally finish my family at about age 30 (we want 2 more). I used to care about that but now I don't really...I have friends who are just starting their family and plan to have a few so it kinda works out because we will still be having kids around the same age. I was deadset that I was not having anymore kids NO MATTER WHAT and that I wouldn't have any more after the age of 25 but age is just a number and one day I'll get to travel etc...for now I'm pretty happy to just have my bubs and enjoy them stuff those stupid limits I had on myself.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (05-03-2012),Gandalf  (04-03-2012),nicoletta  (05-03-2012),share a book  (04-03-2012)