+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats babyinjune! Looks promising... Keep us posted with the results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babyinjune how are you going? Must be about testing time I would think?! I'm in the tww now too with a hatching blast on board today. We found out the gender was a boy. It's so cool how PGD can get you that info so early and do definitively. Anyway so now we wait!
    Last edited by me+he&she=three; 07-10-2014 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    @babyinjune how are you going? Must be about testing time I would think?! I'm in the tww now too hatching blasts on board today. We found out the gender was a boy. It's so cool how PGD can get you that info so early and do definitively. Anyway so now we wait!
    Congratulations on your transfer, and a boy! I an still not sure it I want to know this time yet. We asked at 8 weeks with my son (to tell a dying relative).Thanks. Yes, I had my beta on Saturday and hcg was 319. Progesterone was super at 500+ so I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyinjune View Post
    Congratulations on your transfer, and a boy! I an still not sure it I want to know this time yet. We asked at 8 weeks with my son (to tell a dying relative).Thanks. Yes, I had my beta on Saturday and hcg was 319. Progesterone was super at 500+ so I'm pretty happy with it.
    Eeeek those are amazing numbers!!! Huge Congratulations that is so exciting!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

babyinjune  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats !! Babyinjune. Wonderful news...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

babyinjune  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, is anyone still about in here? Please help! I was shocked with some pretty devastating news today that you can only do PGD testing if you've had ICSI.....is anyone able to tell me if this is true please??!

I've just done my first IVF cycle and no one was as surprised as me that we ended up with 10 blasty's. One ended up as a chemical this past Monday and 9 frosties. I ummed and ahhed about getting PGD testing and ended up taking my FS and the second opinion FS's advice that we didn't need to look into it yet and our money would be better spent on normal IVF cycles. In the back of my mind I thought I'd try normal IVF and probably bump it up to PGD with my next stim if we hasn't had luck by then but with 9 frosties.......how long and how many more possible miscarriages will that take?!

I've gotten pregnant the last 4 times I've tried which have all ended up as losses since last October 2013 first at 7 weeks, then 11 weeks (trisomy 13), 8.5 weeks and this past Monday at 5 weeks. Now I'm beyond devastated that I will have to run the gauntlet with these 9 frosties with just my fingers crossed that they won't end up as 9 more losses!!!

I've never regretted anything more in my whole life......why the heck can PGD not be able to be done on any blasty, does anyone know and understand please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Hi ladies, is anyone still about in here? Please help! I was shocked with some pretty devastating news today that you can only do PGD testing if you've had ICSI.....is anyone able to tell me if this is true please??!

I've just done my first IVF cycle and no one was as surprised as me that we ended up with 10 blasty's. One ended up as a chemical this past Monday and 9 frosties. I ummed and ahhed about getting PGD testing and ended up taking my FS and the second opinion FS's advice that we didn't need to look into it yet and our money would be better spent on normal IVF cycles. In the back of my mind I thought I'd try normal IVF and probably bump it up to PGD with my next stim if we hasn't had luck by then but with 9 frosties.......how long and how many more possible miscarriages will that take?!

I've gotten pregnant the last 4 times I've tried which have all ended up as losses since last October 2013 first at 7 weeks, then 11 weeks (trisomy 13), 8.5 weeks and this past Monday at 5 weeks. Now I'm beyond devastated that I will have to run the gauntlet with these 9 frosties with just my fingers crossed that they won't end up as 9 more losses!!!

I've never regretted anything more in my whole life......why the heck can PGD not be able to be done on any blasty, does anyone know and understand please?
    Hi Ladydee,

Its true. You can only do pgd if you had icsi because they can only have 2 sets of genetic data to look at. Anymore and the tests arent accurate. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because DNA contamination from cumulus cells surrounding the egg or from unsuccessful sperm can contaminate PGD samples and result in misdiagnosis, we fertilise the egg using ICSI to avoid this problem. Fertilisation with ICSI involves carefully removIng the cumulus cells and then injecting a single sperm - a process which greatly reduces the risk of contamination.

Learn more: http://www.genea.com.au/my-fertility...#ixzz3H3ly4Pqr
    Follow us: @geneaFertility on Twitter | GeneaFertility on Facebook

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish you had something different to report @Galea but thank you very much for taking time to answer me and for the link. I thought I was handling the chemical pretty darn well but this news has gutted me I'm so disappointed in my FS, my clinic nurses and even the FS I saw for a second opinion at a different clinic as no one mentioned or warned us of this at any stage even though we were obviously seriously considering whether we should get it done or not. I thought I had done a fair bit of research myself but at no stage did I see (or did it register) that ICSI was a vital part of the parcel with PGD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah sorry :/ we found the whole process very overwhelming and like our fs was keeping secrets. We ended up seeing Dr from the natural killer cells threads.... turns out we cant get pregnant at all usuing the methoda our fs wanted us to try..... pm me whenever you want ... even just to vent.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (05-04-2016),Ladydee  (24-10-2014)