+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Thanks girls I'm really hoping they are ok and it's just this stupid polyp screwing things up. Epu Monday and they can either freeze early and biopsy day 3 or freeze biopsy day 5 then freeze again for tf later. @SpringRain i suppose yours would have been frozen twice then? I'll see what the lab girls have to say today. I'm leaning towards day 5 simply because nearly all of my embies make it to day 3 so the amount I have isn't really reflective if numbers. At this point I'm not out to save money just get a general idea of my egg quality etc and find two good ones.

Rtropps I hope you're pampering yourself. That's an order
    Hahaha yes I am good luck keep us posted x

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya girls,

Just popping in with our PGD story. Decided after losing our baby at 28 weeks to Trisomy 13 (was not picked up until late) that we would do our last round of IVF with PGD.

I am a poor responder so it was not looking good from the start, we nearly cancelled our round as initial scans showed two follies. Pushed on and at OPU collected...3. 2 grew to day 3 and we also put in 2 frozen embies (from 3 years ago).

Then turns out 1 frozen and 1 fresh did not make it to biopsy stage so we had a measly 2 get tested (day 5 I think they tested) and then results back on day 6. Miraculously 1 embie was perfect and transferred same day.

We are 13 weeks pregnant and NIPT blood tests have come back all clear too.

It is a heartbreaking process as what was initially a few good embies, well under closer scrutiny they are not so. PGD will hopefully deliver us our little miracle... truly proof you do need just that one.

x

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (17-09-2014),SimpsonDesert  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpotTheOcelot View Post
    Hiya girls,

Just popping in with our PGD story. Decided after losing our baby at 28 weeks to Trisomy 13 (was not picked up until late) that we would do our last round of IVF with PGD.

I am a poor responder so it was not looking good from the start, we nearly cancelled our round as initial scans showed two follies. Pushed on and at OPU collected...3. 2 grew to day 3 and we also put in 2 frozen embies (from 3 years ago).

Then turns out 1 frozen and 1 fresh did not make it to biopsy stage so we had a measly 2 get tested (day 5 I think they tested) and then results back on day 6. Miraculously 1 embie was perfect and transferred same day.

It is a heartbreaking process as what was initially a few good embies, well under closer scrutiny they are not so. PGD will hopefully deliver us our little miracle... truly proof you do need just that one.

x
    First of all I am so sorry for your loss. But so inspired by your courage and determination. Wow at age 43 no less. Just awesome. Congratulations and well done ! Thankyou so much for posting. Wishing you a safe and uneventful pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rtropps huge congrats on your pregnancy!! Hope you have an easy ride all the way to full term xo
    @Butterfly39 best of luck with your upcoming cycle. Hope you gets lots of embies to biopsy and several normals to play with. I prefer day 5 biopsy as they can remove more cells for testing and they are removed from the part that forms the placenta (not the baby).
    @scarlet Thanks so much! Lovely to hear from you xo

Hi to @SpringRain, hope you are going well
    @SpotTheOcelot I have long followed your story and it fills me with joy to hear that you are pregnant with a healthy foetus. Biggest of congrats! I hope all progresses smoothly for you and this is the take home baby you have waited so long for xo
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 11-07-2014 at 17:36.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-07-2014),SpotTheOcelot  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, on all my cycles, the embies were grown out to day 5, then biopsied and frozen, so only frozen once. I had a similar problem, in that I had lots at day 3, but by day 5 everything went south and there were fewer good ones left.

SimpsonDesert, how is your little DD going?

SpottheOcelot, I loved reading your story, so inspiring!

Rtropps, hope your little bean is snuggling in

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (12-07-2014),SimpsonDesert  (12-07-2014),SpotTheOcelot  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpotTheOcelot View Post
    Hiya girls,

x
    That's great congratulations !! Iv one on board now praying it's a keeper!!
    Whats nipt??

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtropps - NIPT is a non invasive pre-natal blood test done around 10 - 11 weeks that is similar to the CVS and amnio. If it flags any issue then we would have looked at doing a CVS

There are a few brands out there, all done in America and price varies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well girls completed my first stim cycle for embie banking...

my fs also located and removed an endometrial polyp that old FS had missed.

19 eggs 16 mature 9 fertilised normally, all frozen at day 2 as 2,3&4 cell embies. Embryologist feels that we will have 3-5 available for biopsy this cycle. So I'll still need to do 2 more cycles.

Did anyone also have a worse fertilisation rate with ICSI instead of ordinary IVF? This is our worst fert rate, 55%, we have had 85-100% previously.

Stressing out that with these numbers we won't find a normal one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    well girls completed my first stim cycle for embie banking...

my fs also located and removed an endometrial polyp that old FS had missed.

19 eggs 16 mature 9 fertilised normally, all frozen at day 2 as 2,3&4 cell embies. Embryologist feels that we will have 3-5 available for biopsy this cycle. So I'll still need to do 2 more cycles.

Did anyone also have a worse fertilisation rate with ICSI instead of ordinary IVF? This is our worst fert rate, 55%, we have had 85-100% previously.

Stressing out that with these numbers we won't find a normal one.
    I think every cycle u will have different fertilization rates as I'm sure u will have different numbers on egg collection.
    All my embryos were great fertilization near 100% and seemed to be the most perfect embryos untill I got them tested as first collection of 7 I had non viable then second collection of 21 I was only left with 2 viable for transfer but I had a chromosome problem in the mix then don't know why the other were not viable. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I have a long and a disheartening story to share. Looking for some hope from all of you wonderful ladies out there. Me and dh are both 37 and have been in this ivf journey for about 6 years now. We are also in the unexplained infertility group.We are in Melbourne and started with mivf. We fell pregnant on our first cycle ( day 2 embryo) but miscarried due to trisomy 21 , had all our karyotyping done, all came out normal, so it was just a random one, fell pregnant again in the fet from the same cycle and again miscarried due to another chromosomal abnormality. FS said we should do cgh to rule out any abnormal embryos. We agreed and did 2 cycles to bank the embryos , could only bank 3 and unfortunately all 3 were abnormal. ( they were tested on day 3).

Anyways as we had had enough and our FS was not trying anything new , we changed to monash ivf with Dr Lynn Burmeister ( known to be the baby whispere and one of the best in Aus). She was very positive to take our case and said that at monash the approach is totally different and they take the embryos to blastocyst and then biopsy it. She also put me on many vitamins and melatonin to improve my egg quality. So this year we had 2 stimulated cycles, got 4 hatching blastocysts out of those and sent them to America for testing. The result came and we had 2 normal blastocysts and 2 were inconclusive. We were very happy with the result. Had one normal embryo transfered and got my result yesterday and it was bfn. My FS had put me on predislone, clexane etc even though I don't have immune problems or natural killer cells. She even did the endometrial scratch. I just don't know the reason. I mean all the chromosomally abnormal embryos implanted in my uterus to miscarry but this perfect normal blastocyst did not implant. We have 1 more to try but I have kind of lost hope. What. More can one try . Meeting my FS tomorrow , don't know what else she has to try.... Looking for some encouraging stories ..

sorry for for the long post ...