+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtroops, I had 2 CHG embryos that both were early miscarriages, one at 6 weeks and one basically a chemical. I was told that although chromosomally normal,metabolically they may have been weak. I do think this is part of the problem as the embryo that eventually became my baby was a better embryo but I also added in clexane and aspirin to counter a clotting condition and I got BFP the next time.

I personally think one chemical with a CGH embryo warrants testing. They are so hard to get, so just cover your bases and do some basic immune and clotting tests.

Also check out your progesterone, as this is one of the main reasons an embryo won't keep going, I think that it is underrated a lot, but for some of us, our levels are not high enough so the pregnancy can't progress. Some clinics don't even test the levels and I think you should.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that reply, very interesting, so my second embryo has gone in and although though embryos were high graded this second one was the no as good one but luckily for us when it was thawed it actually was a spectacular embryo and better than the last one, so I'm currently 4 weeks 4 days pregnant so my second blood tests seen a rise from 103-460 hcg and preogestone stilling on 100 at the moment, I am seriously still ****ting myself ever day untill the next bloods as worried there is something wrong with both embryos seeing as from the same batch so anything that u can recommend would be greatly appreciated. So how do I get the testing done? Amd how do I get immune and clotting tested and would it matter that I'm loaded with the cold at the moment.? I have never been more frightened as I am at the moment : / as this is game over for us after this and will take another 3 collections in the hope to get 2 good embryos xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtroops! Congrats, stop your stressing you are pregnant.

just because your other embryo didn't work does not mean that there is anything wrong with this one. PGD is showing that traditional grading is not always best indicator.

Your hcg rise is great I wouldn't worry about a chemical and another really great sign is your progesterone anything over 30 is fab.

I think you are going to be fine, you wouldn't need testing now, just relax till ultrasound. A cold is also a good sign in early pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    Rtroops! Congrats, stop your stressing you are pregnant.

just because your other embryo didn't work does not mean that there is anything wrong with this one. PGD is showing that traditional grading is not always best indicator.

Your hcg rise is great I wouldn't worry about a chemical and another really great sign is your progesterone anything over 30 is fab.

I think you are going to be fine, you wouldn't need testing now, just relax till ultrasound. A cold is also a good sign in early pregnancy
    Thanks, I really appreciate it, and u have made my day with just a bit of positivity, I guess what will be will be and I should enjoy the moment. Thanks again and I'll let u know how I go, I forgot to mention congratulations on after a hard journey yourself having a baby xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtropps, wow, congratulations on your BFP! Your hcg is good, and good progesterone, hope this one is a sticky I'd have to agree with Scarlet about the cold - I had a heavy head cold early in my pregnancy with DD too. All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy, looking forward to hearing more good news after your scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
    Rtropps, wow, congratulations on your BFP! Your hcg is good, and good progesterone, hope this one is a sticky I'd have to agree with Scarlet about the cold - I had a heavy head cold early in my pregnancy with DD too. All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy, looking forward to hearing more good news after your scan
    Ahh thanks, really has picked me up today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rtropps would have to agree - hcg is rising so embie is growing. Back away from google and do something really nice to take your mind off things.

I'm having an issue - clinic wants to know what day to biopsy 3 or 5 - @SpringRain and anyone else who wants to weigh in - I'm leaning towards 5 but will discuss with lab tomorrow.

also how many embryos in total does one need to undergo cgh? I am down for 3 cycles .... Currently have about 19 follicles growing but due to my age lets face it they could all be crap .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, not sure I can be any help on this. I didn't get a choice of biopsy day, I was just told it would be done on day 5 at the outset. At my clinic, I was able to test as many or as few as each cycle produced. I would have liked to have been able to bank them up and then get them tested all at once, but the option of banking at my clinic was phased out at the end of 2012.

I've got everything crossed for you to get at least a couple of normal ones from your cycles.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Rtropps would have to agree - hcg is rising so embie is growing. Back away from google and do something really nice to take your mind off things.

I'm having an issue - clinic wants to know what day to biopsy 3 or 5 - @SpringRain and anyone else who wants to weigh in - I'm leaning towards 5 but will discuss with lab tomorrow.

also how many embryos in total does one need to undergo cgh? I am down for 3 cycles .... Currently have about 19 follicles growing but due to my age lets face it they could all be crap .....
    Thanks and yes iv been staying off bad *** google lol send me around the bend!
    So my clinic also only does day 5 testing and have there reasons to believe it's better but I'm not sure. And as far as the testing goes, we tested a batch of 4 and a batch if 21, if this pregnancy doesn't work then I'll try stock pile but if I get a big 21 collection again then I'll have to fight for the stock pile, also the kits have a cut off that they can test and could be about 30 or something because if the time ect, obviously u want as many as possible to test because it's 5,000 a pop, our first collection of 7 had 4 worth testing and none viable and I wished to god I listened to them and went for another egg collection as 5,000 wasted on nothing but first cycles we all just want to get to that transfer !!
    Let us know what u decide and when will u be having the testing done? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls I'm really hoping they are ok and it's just this stupid polyp screwing things up. Epu Monday and they can either freeze early and biopsy day 3 or freeze biopsy day 5 then freeze again for tf later. @SpringRain i suppose yours would have been frozen twice then? I'll see what the lab girls have to say today. I'm leaning towards day 5 simply because nearly all of my embies make it to day 3 so the amount I have isn't really reflective if numbers. At this point I'm not out to save money just get a general idea of my egg quality etc and find two good ones.

Rtropps I hope you're pampering yourself. That's an order