+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh13 View Post
    Hi girls,

the last 24 hours has been a roller coaster ride I had a small red blood clot yesterday followed by some brown discharge so was convinced it was all over. Left work half day in a blubbering mess and guzzled a few glasses of wine last night. Then woke today to no more bleeding and a very strong frer test so I went and had my beta done and it's a great number of 440.... So relieved
    P.s I found out its a girl that was transfered
    What!! So r u pregnant?? Can't believe u had a few sneaky wines in there lol and how did u find out it was a girl transferred? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - I was just curious as to why you decided to do PGD?? I have had 2 miscarriages in the past 12 months so was keen to do PDG to make sure the embryos had the best chance however was just wondering am I "wasting" any embroys by doing this for no reason? I am doing EPU on Friday with PGD testing booked in... just fingers crossed I get one good embie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    Hi Ladies - I was just curious as to why you decided to do PGD?? I have had 2 miscarriages in the past 12 months so was keen to do PDG to make sure the embryos had the best chance however was just wondering am I "wasting" any embroys by doing this for no reason? I am doing EPU on Friday with PGD testing booked in... just fingers crossed I get one good embie
    My husband and I do the testing due to chromosome issues but do sometimes feel like a lot of embryos are being wasted, we have had 31 collected from two pic up's first pic up of seven had non of my husbands chromosome issues but all come back with issues?? Then the next lot of 24 collected has 7 of my husbands 2 good and the rest were again non viable. All collected seemed to be perfect, as good as can be until the testing so I really don't know if the testing can cause more problems with the embryos than good and the expense is always another thing. We never got the choice to transfer any of the "bad egg" but iv heard of ppl that were still allowed to. I would look into it and get chromosome testing before I'd get your collection tested

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rtropps For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also had 2 m/c's, and PGD was recommended due to this and my age. My FS told me the most common reason for failure to implant and m/c's was chromosomal abnormalities which would be picked up by CGH testing. We feel that it gives us the best chance of an ongoing pregnancy, and feel that it would be a waste not to do it, as embryos with no potential would be transferred. I've had 3 cycles tested, out of a total of 47 eggs retrieved, I've had 2 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive and 2 unknowns. After 5 transfers of untested ones, we both feel it's the best course.

Wishing you the best for an all clear embie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
    I've also had 2 m/c's, and PGD was recommended due to this and my age. My FS told me the most common reason for failure to implant and m/c's was chromosomal abnormalities which would be picked up by CGH testing. We feel that it gives us the best chance of an ongoing pregnancy, and feel that it would be a waste not to do it, as embryos with no potential would be transferred. I've had 3 cycles tested, out of a total of 47 eggs retrieved, I've had 2 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive and 2 unknowns. After 5 transfers of untested ones, we both feel it's the best course.

Wishing you the best for an all clear embie.
    So what was wrong with your other embryos, wouldn't they have all be labeled abnormal?? Have u had any of your two transferred ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, they are labelled as Spring rain describes as sometimes they do not extract material that contains any genetic material to test, hence the status of those embryos is unknown, not abnormal.

Also one knows the sex depending on whether analysis of the genetic material reveals the presence of a Y chromosome which confers male sex.

As for destroying the normal ones, I think you're more likely to identify a few normal ones and that's the point. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

At at my age only 1/6 eggs will be normal due to ageing, and if you have a partner with a genetic issue also, that will further reduce your combined ability to produce normal embryos. Perhaps read up on aneuploidy generally. Dr Shers site has some great articles about it.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 16-06-2014 at 22:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtropps View Post
    So what was wrong with your other embryos, wouldn't they have all be labeled abnormal?? Have u had any of your two transferred ?
    Hi Rtropps, I'm not quite sure if you mean the ones that were tested as abnormal/inconclusive/ unknown or the other embryos that were formed from the collections, so will give you answers on all. Out of the 2 that were abnormal, 1 had abnormalities on 1 chromosome, the other on 3 chromosomes. These 2 embies looked fantastic under the microscope, so would have been frozen and been eligible to be FET, but would never have become an ongoing pregnancy. Embies can look great under the microscope, but only testing them can find the chromosomally normal ones which have the potential to make a live birth.

The 1 inconclusive one was biopsied and the sample was tested twice, but even after clean up, the scientists were unable to make the call as to whether it was normal or abnormal due to "background noise". For the 2 unknowns, embies have to be at a hatching or hatched blastocyst stage to be biopsied, with enough of the embryo out of the zona (shell) to allow the scientists to get a good sample, as Butterfly mentioned. The scientists couldn't sample enough from both, but they looked good enough to be frozen, so they were put into storage.

As Butterfly pointed out, at our age, a high proportion could be expected to be abnormal (I've been given the figure of 1 out of every 4-6 day 5 blasties could be expected to be normal at my age), so the rest, the ones that didn't make it to day 5, or were really at a poor state at day 5 were probably abnormal. Given the high likelihood of abnormalities at my age, I'm assuming that my frosties are abnormal unless proven otherwise.

It sounds from a couple of your previous posts as if you're asking if the testing will miss good chromosomally normal embies, or if they will be damaged by the testing? I've been told that biopsy of day 5 embryos with CGH testing is highly reliable, at around 95%, so I think that it's highly unlikely that a good embie was missed in my batches. I've also been reassured that at day 5, the embies re-seal themselves within about an hour after the biopsy, which takes cells from the part that will become the placenta, not the part that will become the baby.

I completed my most recent EPU in my March/April cycle, but have decided to take another month or 2 off to recover and get back to normal life - after doing 3 cycles pretty much back to back, I felt I needed a break I will look at transferring in the coming months.

Hope this answers your questions. Best wishes for your cycles/ transfers
    Last edited by SpringRain; 16-06-2014 at 23:31.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (05-04-2016),Galea  (17-06-2014),Rtropps  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I actually have time on my side as I am young at 33... Husband is a bit older and we have no known chromosome issues so we looked at pgd more as a best quality eggs rather then just doing Ivf cycle after cycle to find the best ones?? after seeing stats of embryos going from 10 to 2 or 13 to 1 it just freaks me out.. I know it's the best to get that "one" but I don't know why I keep thinking about it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just popping in to say hi. Shiloh I just replied to your pm congratulating you, but then read you had a scare. How are you doing? Has everything calmed down?

I had a large sub chorinic haematoma with my HT pregnancy and I had a lot of bleeding and passed a huge clot once and then another time a smaller one but baby girl was all fine. The clexane was a god send for me as it stopped the early miscarriages but it didn't help with the bleeding as it was continual.

My OB took me off it at about 11 weeks, I was mean't to be on it all pregnancy but he made the call that the bleeding would be worse for the pregnancy than the clotting at that stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson Desert! Congats on your little girl. How amazing is it to look at her and think all that hard work paid off.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlet For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (09-07-2014)